K2 or "spice" blamed for teens death and gains popularity as substitution for weed

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What is the point in brewing your own beer?

My point is that proponents of legalization who ask for government regulation of MJ are just as bad as prohibitionists.
    The point to brewing your own beer is to obtain a quality product and not the mass produced swill that most people are satisfied with. Most homebrewing batches actually cost a bit more than mass produced or even micro-brewed beers, (especially when you factor in equipment, supplies and time). It's much the same with with marijuana. The stuff the government grows on their farm in Oxford, Mississippi is just a step above ditch weed and costs them virtually nothing to grow. The stuff that many medical marijuana patients on the west coast grow for themselves (at no small cost) is high grade pot. Craft pot vs mass produced will always be around and taxation will be a factor, as well, just as it is with brewing.

The point of brewing your own beer or growing your own marijuana would be the same. Satisfaction of creating a superior product. Doesn't mean that there would be no market for mass production, just as home brewing hasn't killed off the beer market. Sometimes you'll want your own batch and sometimes a pack of Acapulco Gold will do. There's plenty of room for both.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    The comment on brewing was simply a comparison to growing. Were it not for threat of felony conviction and jail time I would definitely be growing at least a few strains to deal with insomnia and pain, and simply as a hobby I would surely enjoy.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What is the point in brewing your own beer?

My point is that proponents of legalization who ask for government regulation of MJ are just as bad as prohibitionists.
    I agree with you as well. I think the point that others are missing with your line of reasoning can be summed like this; If a law was created saying that we can only purchase or consume produce (corn, tomatos...) from a govt. liscensed grower/retailer, it would turn anyone who enjoys gardening or the taste of home grown fruits and veggies into criminals...
    Don't sweat the "troll" comments, some people will call you out as a troll for simply having a differing point of view...:cool:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    They are also using bath salts to get high, really nasty stuff. What I want to know, who thinks of this stuff?

I just heard about someone going to the hospital an eventually dying from snorting (I think it was snorted) bath salts. Crazy. People huff poop fumes and snort bath salts to get high. Something tells me the war on drugs isn't stopping crap from people getting high. :joke:

You think we'll ever see a ban on poop? Cops will start arresting people who buy food and charge them with intent to manufacture and distribute illegal drgus. :laugh:

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    These 'bath salts' contain more research chemicals, this time ones that mimic speed. How hard is it for these people to find adderall? :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom