• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I am the primary breadwinner. My wife is actually pretty loose with the money she makes from her job. It pays for her whims, which is fine by me. I pay 98% of the household bills, including groceries and gas money. If I choose to go out and spend some cash on myself or a hobby that we both enjoy doing, I don't stop to ask permission first. If she paid half the bills it would be different. I don't make her report every nickel she blows on cigarettes, red bull, makeup, shoes, or hair dye. She doesn't question me when I bring a new firearm home, or a couple thousand bullet heads, or a bucket of brass, etc. She knows I am pretty frugal with my cash so she pretty much trusts that I'm not going to go blow the electric bill money on 1911 mags....

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I point out to her all the $$$ she's spent on Dooney & Bourke handbags. Of course, that's when SHTF...

If that doesn't work I give her sad, long, puppy dog eyes and beg and plead until she gives in just to shut me up.

I've only been married for 11 years, so I haven't gotten the techniques down quite like some of you more seasoned veterans.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been married 27 years and both of us are employed. She has her money and I have mine. As long as commitments are met, there is no justification required. If either of us lost sight of our priorities and spent the mortgage money, I'd fully expect the other to ask: WTF? Hasn't happened yet and don't expect it to. Unless it does, I am the only person I justify my purchases with.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am the primary breadwinner. My wife is actually pretty loose with the money she makes from her job. It pays for her whims, which is fine by me. I pay 98% of the household bills, including groceries and gas money. If I choose to go out and spend some cash on myself or a hobby that we both enjoy doing, I don't stop to ask permission first. If she paid half the bills it would be different. I don't make her report every nickel she blows on cigarettes, red bull, makeup, shoes, or hair dye. She doesn't question me when I bring a new firearm home, or a couple thousand bullet heads, or a bucket of brass, etc. She knows I am pretty frugal with my cash so she pretty much trusts that I'm not going to go blow the electric bill money on 1911 mags....

Your not painting a pretty picture of her! A smoking, caffeine junkie, covered in make-up, in high heels, with fake hair!:D:laugh:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Me and the wife take turns. I bought matching pistols and I had to build her an AR. We both work and all the money goes in one account. After the bills and such get paid we figure out whose turn it is. Interesting debate sometimes!

Top Bottom