• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Held up to jungle, desert, arctic without fail
    Please don't take this as a personal attack, but none of those answers point to a Glock or the need to spend the extra money for one. The gun in question was a Taurus Model 99.

Since there are no jungles in the United States, nor arctic regions save for northernmost Alaska, I'd be interested to know just how you came to test a Taurus 99 in the jungles, arctic and desert. The only rainforest that may be characterized as jungle in the US is El Yunque in Puerto Rico, and I'm pretty sure that civilian carry of firearms is prohibited there , and I don't recall any military expeditions there. I'm currently unaware of any military or LE unit that issues or authorizes ANY Taurus product for official use, and a private contractor using a Taurus would be laughed out of his unit, so that kinda rules out carry in most other countries.

Just where are these jungles and arctic circle wastelands that you have braved with your 31,000 round Taurus? I'll bet you have some interesting stories to tell. :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Since there are no jungles in the United States, nor arctic regions save for northernmost Alaska, I'd be interested to know just how you came to test a Taurus 99 in the jungles, arctic and desert. The only rainforest that may be characterized as jungle in the US is El Yunque in Puerto Rico, and I'm pretty sure that civilian carry of firearms is prohibited there , and I don't recall any military expeditions there. I'm currently unaware of any military or LE unit that issues or authorizes ANY Taurus product for official use, and a private contractor using a Taurus would be laughed out of his unit, so that kinda rules out carry in most other countries.

Just where are these jungles and arctic circle wastelands that you have braved with your 31,000 round Taurus? I'll bet you have some interesting stories to tell. :)

Jungles equal Guam... and that is part of the US, I'd suggest you take a frigging class and learn what the US really is before you call someone a liar.
    arctic was indeed Alaska... large portions of that state, since I made the most of my time.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Jungles equal Guam... and that is part of the US, I'd suggest you take a frigging class and learn what the US really is before you call someone a liar.
    arctic was indeed Alaska... large portions of that state, since I made the most of my time.

Oh yeah....forgot about Guam. And the Arctic Circle, too? Man, I wish I got around that much. What position did you hold that allowed Taurus firearms? Or, I guess you could tote a Taurus around as a civilian...especially since you save so much money on airfare by not buying a Glock.

:)

Any bad primers in those 31,000 rounds?

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    G19_2pin003.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Oh yeah....forgot about Guam. And the Arctic Circle, too? Man, I wish I got around that much. What position did you hold that allowed Taurus firearms? Or, I guess you could tote a Taurus around as a civilian...especially since you save so much money on airfare by not buying a Glock.

Any bad primers in those 31,000 rounds?

As I said in the neg rep I gave you, you owe me an apology for calling me a liar. I didn't think, and you've proven, that you lack the honor to provide one. I believe you've laid claim to being a police officer. I hope I am wrong, though, because if you are, your lack of integrity makes clear you are a disgrace to the badge.

For the record, my Taurus was my privately owned gun. Your tax dollars paid for my travels, my paycheck paid for my ammo.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    While it's typical of Glock owners to look for ANY excuse to direct fault away from where it belongs, "Glock Perfection" is just an marketing phrase.

Did we tell you Sevigny won ANOTHER title with his Glock?

Besides, you keep trying to point that out in the video, but then again, you don't know how many thousands of rounds have been through that one gun, so can you can say it it's the ammo or springs that need to be replaced....

LET alone the fact they MELTED the recoil spring assembly out of the gun and it kept on firing.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    As I said in the neg rep I gave you, you owe me an apology for calling me a liar. I didn't think, and you've proven, that you lack the honor to provide one. I believe you've laid claim to being a police officer. I hope I am wrong, though, because if you are, your lack of integrity makes clear you are a disgrace to the badge.

For the record, my Taurus was my privately owned gun. Your tax dollars paid for my travels, my paycheck paid for my ammo.

Sorry it took me a minute to get back to you, I was busy cutting my wrists from the negative rep you gave me. I fear that I will never see the sun again. :rolleyes:

I have never said that I was a cop, don't know where you got that.

The claim "arctic, jungles and desert" seemed a bit incredible to me. Frankly, it still does. Not particularly impressive anyway, since I'm sure just about any pistol will hold up to "arctic, jungles and desert" when it spends all of its time in a holster. If you were truly an operator who actually USED his pistol for serious purposes in the arctic, jungle and desert, and chose a Taurus out of all the serious fighting pistols more common to those in the profession, you'd be a pretty interesting guy. I'd love to hear some tales of adventure. It's not every day that you see a Taurus chosen by an armed professional who travels the world for the government.

CIA maybe? I thought I was the secret agent on this board! :shady: :):

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    his resume is in his sig :)

Ah, didn't see that. The Air Force uses Taurus? Interesting.

I guess carrying carrying a pistol in a holster to the base exchange qualifies as surviving desert, jungle and arctic conditions. I carried my Glock to the Wal-Mart during a snowstorm once, and to a convenience store in Phoenix in July. All I have to do now is find a McDonald's in a jungle, and I'll feel as well armed as if I was carrying the finest armament that Brazil has to offer.

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Having sold firearms for over 19 years.......I still don't get excited about Glocks. For the materials that comprise the firearm they should not retail much over $300.00. They are just not for me. When other manufacturers realize that their designs are aged they improve their product. Glock is too damned smug to realize that better firearms are being introduced, and they are falling behind. Just for example look at Ruger. Their product line was rather stagnant until they came out with the LCP. That is nothing more than a copy of a Kel Tec P3AT. They realized that their product line was dying, and they did something about it. Glock needs something new. It's just boring "Tupperware". Again...They just aren't for me.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Having sold firearms for over 19 years.......I still don't get excited about Glocks. For the materials that comprise the firearm they should not retail much over $300.00. They are just not for me. When other manufacturers realize that their designs are aged they improve their product. Glock is too damned smug to realize that better firearms are being introduced, and they are falling behind. Just for example look at Ruger. Their product line was rather stagnant until they came out with the LCP. That is nothing more than a copy of a Kel Tec P3AT. They realized that their product line was dying, and they did something about it. Glock needs something new. It's just boring "Tupperware". Again...They just aren't for me.

"SMUG" being the key word there...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. That's why people need to put cereal box decals on 'em so they can tell which one is theirs.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I don't need to see anymore of them here...I have enough of them in my display cases that aren't moving. Other polymer framed pistols like Springfield Armory, FN, and Kahr have passed them by.

I'd bet those 3 makes put together don't sell the number of handguns in a month that Glock sells in a week. Glock sells every pistol they make, and even had to import Austrian built G19's to supplement a shortage in the US due to demand.

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you'd like to sell your "dead weight" Glocks at cost +$10 each, you could probably sell every one of them in a few hours. Care to list the models you've got so us kool-aid drinkers can come down and take them off of your hands? Guns that don't sell aren't making you any money sitting in the case. Better to make $10 a pop on unpopular items that won't sell in your area, recoup your investment, and order inventory that will produce cash flow and keep you in business. Heck, I bet some of us would even pay cost + $20 for those pieces of junk!

Whatta ya say? :)

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. That's why people need to put cereal box decals on 'em so they can tell which one is theirs.
    As opposed to other popular handguns which are handmade and each one is an individual.

Get serious. The reason you can tell your gun from mine is that mine is a Glock and yours isn't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom