• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    The POS Taurus your asking about is my PT 145 that I've put almost a thousand rnds through and haven't had problems with .

The same bullet , capacity and reliability only it cost me less .

How many EXACTLY is "almost a thousand rnds", How many times has it been cleaned in that period, and how many MORE times can you do that before it falls appart? How many accessories are availible for your gun? Can you get a holster that accomidates a tactical light? How well does the finish hold up to tough conditions such as a salt spray? Does your gun enjoy extensive industry support?

Please don't take this as a personal attack. Im not trying to be a dick: it sounds like you got a good gun for the money. What i AM trying to do is explain why additional quality is worth the additional money. The answers to every one of those questions are favorable for a Glock. :)

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I've put about 7-800 rnds in it now . I clean it only after I shoot so about once a month . I've only had Two FTF with larger HP ammo .

Other then that I expect to keep shooting for a long time .

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I've put almost a thousand rnds through and haven't had problems with .

I've put about 7-800 rnds in it now . I clean it only after I shoot so about once a month . I've only had Two FTF with larger HP ammo .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JuF23qazI"]YouTube - 1000 Round Glock Torture Test Part One[/ame]

When someone does this with ANY Taurus and the only problems experienced come from bad primers, Then Taurus can claim equal footing with Glock. :D

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Yesterday I dropped my Glock onto concrete. The gun sustained zero nicks nor scratches nor dings of any kind.
    The gun was ready to go and did not fire nor did it fail to fire after I picked it up and fired it at a target.

I have at least 2000 rounds on this particular pistol and it's never failed to fire and eject properly. It's never bitten my hand. It comes apart and cleans easily. It goes together easier than it comes apart.

I can also say the same about my Bersa Thunder .380. I've never dropped it though. I'd shoot this gun more often except for the mysterious .380 ammo shortage. My local dealer yesterday told me he had ammo if I purchased a gun. Otherwise there was no ammo :).

I am so fond of my Glock because it's as reliable as my Bersa 380. I remember buying the 380 because of it's great reputation. It turns out that all the good stuff people said about it was true. It would appear that the rep about the Glock is true as well.

The question as to why I dropped my pistol is still unanswered. I was holding it barrel down and it just came out of my hand.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    anyone else notice tha failure about the fifth mag in? and another two at the two minute mark.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    THERE IS ONE YOU CAN NEVER BASH.E
    colt1911006.jpg
    VEN IF YOU WANTED TO..HA!HA!HA!

Wanna bet? :):

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    anyone else notice tha failure about the fifth mag in? and another two at the two minute mark.

I thought Glocks didn't fail :laugh: The 19 didn't even make it half way without some problems. Wait this must mean Glocks are not what they are cracked up to be...go figure.

But I'm sure he was limp wristing with crappy ammo.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    How many EXACTLY is "almost a thousand rnds", How many times has it been cleaned in that period, and how many MORE times can you do that before it falls appart? How many accessories are availible for your gun? Can you get a holster that accomidates a tactical light? How well does the finish hold up to tough conditions such as a salt spray? Does your gun enjoy extensive industry support?

Please don't take this as a personal attack. Im not trying to be a dick: it sounds like you got a good gun for the money. What i AM trying to do is explain why additional quality is worth the additional money. The answers to every one of those questions are favorable for a Glock. :)

Let's see...

Slightly over 31,000
    Gun was properly designed as was, so the only accessory needed was a holster.
    Cleaned like the rest of my guns... after each firing, weekly when it was my carry gun
    Held up to jungle, desert, arctic without fail
    Please don't take this as a personal attack, but none of those answers point to a Glock or the need to spend the extra money for one. The gun in question was a Taurus Model 99.

Once again, despite the rabid and unsupportable claims of the Glock fanatics, your overrated guns are NOT the only ones that perform as designed. Hate to get ya'lls panties in a wad, but that's just the way it is. Hate to pee on anyone's parade...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    YouTube - 1000 Round Glock Torture Test Part One

When someone does this with ANY Taurus and the only problems experienced come from bad primers, Then Taurus can claim equal footing with Glock. :D

Sorry dude... I've done that with my Model 99. And I had no problems. The "bad primer" line is bs. Cold hard facts that Glock malfunctioned FOUR TIMES IN 800 ROUNDS. That is a **** poor performance in any book. While it's typical of Glock owners to look for ANY excuse to direct fault away from where it belongs, "Glock Perfection" is just an marketing phrase. And contrary to the foaming at the mouth that little bit of reality will produce in the koolaid drinkers, pointing it out really ISN'T blasphemy of some sort.

And the Taurus is still cheaper than the Glock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom