• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I know bring this back from the dead, but having a similar problem and was wondering how you went back to view the application? When we sign in there is no place to view it and it just says denied.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    The ISP should have mailed you a letter
    We did receive a letter however it just says that

"we are in possession of information that you are not a proper person to be licensed. As defined by IC 35-47-1-7 a proper person is one who: (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun."

It really doesn't have any other information other than saying we can request an appeal within 60 days. I found this thread looking for what could be the problem because there should have been no legal problems with this application at all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We did receive a letter however it just says that

"we are in possession of information that you are not a proper person to be licensed. As defined by IC 35-47-1-7 a proper person is one who: (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun."

It really doesn't have any other information other than saying we can request an appeal within 60 days. I found this thread looking for what could be the problem because there should have been no legal problems with this application at all.

Do you have any restraining orders or court orders prohibiting you from possession of a firearm? They seem to think you do. It might be time to check your record and lawyer up if you think its in error.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Do you have any restraining orders or court orders prohibiting you from possession of a firearm? They seem to think you do. It might be time to check your record and lawyer up if you think its in error.
    No he doesn't have anything at all legally. I was thinking that it could have possibly been acid gently hitting the wrong box like the OP however didn't know how to check if that was the cause

Top Bottom