• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickmill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Mitchell
    I received my LTCH denial appeal letter today with the reason of improper person as defined by IC 35-47-1-7 a proper person is one who: (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun. Oddly I do not recall every being prohibited from doing so and recently purchased one and my NICS went through just fine:dunno:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I received my LTCH denial appeal letter today with the reason of improper person as defined by IC 35-47-1-7 a proper person is one who: (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun. Oddly I do not recall every being prohibited from doing so and recently purchased one and my NICS went through just fine:dunno:
    Ouch! You are gonna be in for a run "ride". Have fun with all that (mess) ! ANy chance they are confusing you with someone else?

Rickmill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Mitchell
    Ouch! You are gonna be in for a run "ride". Have fun with all that (mess) ! ANy chance they are confusing you with someone else?
    Potentially, originally I wondered if my marijuana misdemeanor from 5 years ago would affect it due to it being five days before five years. Record on doxpop shows no court orders.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I swear they are designed to make it easy to fail it.

It asks something like "have you ever been convicted of a crime" Well I put "No" and come to find out that a Wreckless driving in AZ was a crime and a class 2 misdemeanor. This was just a burnout in the street, no alcohol charge turned into a reckless driving, I shoulda known just never thought of it. Had to go through the whole process to get it straitened out after I put no.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I swear they are designed to make it easy to fail it.

It asks something like "have you ever been convicted of a crime" Well I put "No" and come to find out that a Wreckless driving in AZ was a crime and a class 2 misdemeanor. This was just a burnout in the street, no alcohol charge turned into a reckless driving, I shoulda known just never thought of it. Had to go through the whole process to get it straitened out after I put no.

Just one more reason the License needs to just go away completely

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    The questionnaire is jumbled around a bit just so this can happen, You are required to give a series of identical answers and then a zinger is thrown in just to trip you up. They want to see if you are paying attention or not.

If they can frustrate you enough to give up, that's one gun off the street. Some people apply in a time of anger or just on a whim. These people generally give up at the first provocation because they aren't really committed to it in the first place. They might never look into the reason for rejection and never know that they got played.

Pay better attention and go back for seconds....... They "Will issue" in the end. They have no choice unless you give them one, so stop doing that!

Top Bottom