• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    English is a difficult language, it confuses some people, they apparently did not learn the rules in school. Also, auto spell/auto fill does not help. Oh, and there is a thing called proof reading. Of course that isn't even practiced by printers and newspapers! And don't get me started on the use of the "word" R to denote our and hour.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Discrete - individually distinct - a handgun is a discrete object
    Discreet - unobtrusive, circumspect, careful - carry a handgun discreetly

Roll - move on an axis - roll over in bed
    Role - assuming a function or defined pattern of behavior - We were practicing SD techniques and I assumed the role of the assailant

But on INGO (and pretty much every other gun board) - We were roll-playing citizens and robbers and I was carrying my gat discretely!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    In my area there seems to be an inability for people to enunciate the "L" in some words

Hoe - a tool used for gardening ( or my fiancés sister) There is not a "hoe" in the ground unless you dug a hole with a hoe and left it there.

Hole - an opening into or through something (also a crappy rock band from the 90's)

Whole - to be complete

Code - a system of words, letters, figures, or other symbols substituted for other words, letters, etc., especially for the purposes of secrecy. No it isn't "code" in the winter. Unless we are actually in the matrix the the snow flakes let you see the code more clearly.

Cold - referring to temperature. the opposite of hot

Also stupid stuff I hear ALL THE TIME

IT'S

Tennis shoes - shoes for playing tennis, has also become a common name for any closed toe shoe that isn't a boot or loafer

NOT

Tinni shoes - I have no f****ing idea what those are but people need to stop saying it. ( my fiancée actually sent me a text the other day and spelled it tinnishoes :wallbash:)

And I HATE hearing

I know right? - No, I have no F****ing idea what the hell you know or don't know. If you didn't know why did you ask me if you did?

There are more that bug the crap out of me but those are the big ones.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Shiny - bright, glossy - The gun's bore is bright and shiny.
    Shinny - to climb something - Can you shinny up the tree?
    I thought it was shiMMy?

Wait, never mind. This thread IS about the stupid after all. Nothing is off limits.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I cannot begin to accurately describe the pleasure this thread brings me. "Me" being someone who had to take a night school course to graduate high school on time.

It really isn't that difficult. Really.

It matters (or used to).

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I thought it was shiMMy?

Wait, never mind. This thread IS about the stupid after all. Nothing is off limits.

That is some sort of jazz dance, but I wouldn't have known that if your post hadn't inspired me to look it up. It does bring up a philosophical question regarding at what point does something become obscure enough that you are no longer considered ignorant if you don't know it?

Top Bottom