• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    That was an incredible wealth of knowledge. I was under the sad misconception that fire arms, machineguns, and the like were illegal.

So if I read this correctly, you can apply a silencer to 'ANY' weapon as long as you pay your 200 dollar tax to uncle sam. That's amazing.

One questions that wasn't answered, are you legal to CC a silenced weapon? Also, the practicality wasn't explained. You are illegal to hunt with a silenced weapon, so what is it good for? Can I shoot in my back yard at my metal or flip targets? I shoot my .177 cal air guns back there with no problems. I would love to squeeze off a few 'live' rounds and not have to drive to my local range.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That was an incredible wealth of knowledge. I was under the sad misconception that fire arms, machineguns, and the like were illegal.

So if I read this correctly, you can apply a silencer to 'ANY' weapon as long as you pay your 200 dollar tax to uncle sam. That's amazing.

One questions that wasn't answered, are you legal to CC a silenced weapon? Also, the practicality wasn't explained. You are illegal to hunt with a silenced weapon, so what is it good for? Can I shoot in my back yard at my metal or flip targets? I shoot my .177 cal air guns back there with no problems. I would love to squeeze off a few 'live' rounds and not have to drive to my local range.

You'll have to check local laws, you can use a suppressor anywhere you can shoot a firearm. Usually NOT in city limits.

I would guess no on the CC a silenced gun, but I really have no idea. And they are really just fun to shoot and help protect your ears. Its nice to not have to use hearing protection when shooting.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Yes, firing with out hearing protection, would be a great advantage. That's extra weight on your head you can do without. lol.

Does attaching a silencer to a gun make it more accurate? In theory if you extend teh barrel, you extend the lenght the projectile flies straight. Also, you can't just load any round into it. The sound barrier is 1250 ft/ps silencer or not that sonic boom will trump the supressor. Are sub sonic rounds legal?

I don't intend owning a silencer anytime soon, but damn it sure looks sexy and commands athourity. Thanks again for the NFA info and all of the links you provided. The mystery behind silencers is crystal clear now.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yes, firing with out hearing protection, would be a great advantage. That's extra weight on your head you can do without. lol.

Does attaching a silencer to a gun make it more accurate? In theory if you extend teh barrel, you extend the lenght the projectile flies straight. Also, you can't just load any round into it. The sound barrier is 1250 ft/ps silencer or not that sonic boom will trump the supressor. Are sub sonic rounds legal?

I don't intend owning a silencer anytime soon, but damn it sure looks sexy and commands athourity. Thanks again for the NFA info and all of the links you provided. The mystery behind silencers is crystal clear now.

Yes, subsonic rounds are legal. And you can fire supersonic rounds through suppressors, they are still quieter just not as quiet as subsonic.

NFA is fun! :rockwoot:

You won't want one until you shoot one. Then you NEED one! :D

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Yes, subsonic rounds are legal. And you can fire supersonic rounds through suppressors, they are still quieter just not as quiet as subsonic.

NFA is fun! :rockwoot:

You won't want one until you shoot one. Then you NEED one! :D

LoL. Awesome, have you put some shots down range with that beast you own? Firearm owning is just like photography, expensive!

Top Bottom