• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I just ordered an ATI/German Sport Guns STG-44 replica that is coming out late this summer. It is all metal, except for the magazine, weighs the same as the real thing, and shoots .22 LR. It also comes in a cool wooden box. I guess it just appeals to the history buff in me!

This thing should be a hoot. I can't wait to get my hands on it. When I do, I'll post a bunch of pics.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/STG-44.jpg

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I just ordered an ATI/German Sport Guns STG-44 replica that is coming out late this summer. It is all metal, except for the magazine, weighs the same 17 pounds as the real thing, and shoots .22 LR. It also comes in a cool wooden box. I guess it just appeals to the history buff in me!

This thing should be a hoot. I can't wait to get my hands on it. When I do, I'll post a bunch of pics.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/STG-44.jpg
    That is beyond bad-a$$! I clicked the link and checked out the picture, but saw no prices. About what do they run?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm paying $539 for mine. The wood box just adds to the cool factor. It would be neat if it came with a book on the story of the STG-44, too. I doubt it does, but it would just add to the nostalgia of it all.

I read that the box is made by New York Amish. Strange, indeed, but probably the cheapest way for them to do the box. The prototype box was painted green.

ATI is also doing 2 versions of an MP-40 replica, also in .22. One has a short barrel, I think in a pistol configuration, and the other with a folding stock and 16 inch barrel.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Did you order it through your local gun store or?

:popcorn:

Bradis. I went with them because they carry the GSG 1911 and have in the past had the GSG AK-47, and I feel they are usually quicker to get guns that are new to market. It is just my perception they are quicker. I'm not certain.

Last edited:

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Those are sweet! The STG44 is ridiculously priced (if you can even find one). This weapon is a great alternative and shoots the inexpensive 22lr. Make sure to give us all a product review after ya get it....and plenty of pics.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    The more I look at that thing, the more I want one...

I was going to get a AR 22L just for some cheep fun but now.... The STG44 22L is looking better.:ar15:

Top Bottom