• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    To be honest, I was thrilled with those groups! Never held anything like that at 100yds.
    I wish I lived closer to Atterbury, at least for shooting. I live just south of MCFG so Atterbury is a bit of a drive.

Thanks, Matt

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Regardless how many scope manufacturers try to tell you that their optics are "parallax free," that is rarely ever 100% true.

Could you assure your head position was 100% identical every single time that trigger broke? If not, try to work on that and see what happens.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    NTB-you and I are in the same boat, you're just a little further ahead of me. I've got the scope zeroed well enough to be on paper at 100, but need to work on technique as well. I've got some Prvi 150gr to get me close, then several other Match Grade to get me zeroed as well as I can. I haven't started the load work yet, but have a few powders for it and 168gr Hornady and SMK. Please keep us posted on your progress as I am willing to learn all I can as well.

Im hoping to get to Atterbury on Friday to work on it (hoping the wind cooperates). If you need a box of factory Match Grade I have found some at GM on I-65 on my way south.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've shot many many .2-.4" center-to-center 5 shot groups off of Concrete with a Bipod and a rear Bag. Not saying it's ideal...

Have you ever used an Atlas BT10/17 bipod? You better believe you can pre-load that bad boy, on virtually any surface.

***NoTalentBum.... what's the Latest???

#1 I didn't say it wasn't possible, but that's often one of the rookie mistakes seen in precision rigs.

#2 I would put money on him having a Harris or Harris knock-off over an Atlas or other quality bipod...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have never met a good shooter who Appleseed hasn't made better. OP, give it a try, along with the precision loads.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I have never met a good shooter who Appleseed hasn't made better. OP, give it a try, along with the precision loads.
    No doubt! I intend to do at least 2 or three this year. Watching the weather but planning on Noblesville May 3-4 for my first of the year.

Matt

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Nothing really new but thought I'd mention that I found several boxes of the Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr at the new GM in Avon. Don't know what it costs elsewhere but was $30/box of 20. Maybe high, but at least I got a couple boxes!

Matt

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom