• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    1500 describes the line just waiting to get in as of noon. I still have $500 cash in my pocket, pure gun money. Why? Because I can't even look at any guns because the isles are so packed full with people. Some isles are almost single file they are so narrow. We got there at 8am and thought it was bad enough then. This was absolutely insane :xmad:. I blame Jared Loughner.

I will try again in the morning, maybe church will thin out the crowds. Then again, will there be anything left?

mik1202002

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Feb 12, 2009
    Greencastle
    I couldn't imagine going today...I thought it was pretty busy for a friday afternoon we were there at 1:45 and it took us a good 15-20 minutes to get in the door.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    We got there at 9:00 this morning and waited 5-10 minutes to get inside, however, when we were leaving around 12:00 today, the line was at least 300 yards long. My guess is at least an hour or two to get inside, and then you had to deal with all the isles being packed with people like sardines.

All in all though, for my first time, I really enjoyed and hope I can go to a few more.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I couldn't imagine going today...I thought it was pretty busy for a friday afternoon we were there at 1:45 and it took us a good 15-20 minutes to get in the door.

^This

I ended up leaving without buying anything as well. Not because I couldn't get to the tables, but because my LGS is about $40-$70 cheaper on most guns as usual.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    I titled this thread "Just left the Indy 15,000"...on purpose. It was edited in within a minute lol.

That's what I saw when I clicked on the thread, and by the time it opened, it said 1500. I had to double check myself so I'm glad you posted that.

By the way, I think it was appropriately titled.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    1500 describes the line just waiting to get in as of noon. I still have $500 cash in my pocket, pure gun money. Why? Because I can't even look at any guns because the isles are so packed full with people. Some isles are almost single file they are so narrow. We got there at 8am and thought it was bad enough then. This was absolutely insane :xmad:. I blame Jared Loughner.

I will try again in the morning, maybe church will thin out the crowds. Then again, will there be anything left?

yea no joke buddy. i got there at 9 and it was horrible....or so i thought. once noon rolled around your were nut to butt with thousands of people. I have a pocket full of cash too. Im not going to go tomorrow tho. I just dont think it'll be too much different then today.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    well honestly I hadn't been to a 1500 since 1992 and I didn't make it today and from what it sounds like it would be a waste of gas, money and time to even go. What is the prupose of going other then to fondle stuff and then go buy it somewhere else. I thought the reason everyone went was for deals and hard to find stuff cheap. Guess I will stick to my LGS and the internet and save the money and time for preparations..

I had hoped to stop by the INGO table and say hey but oh well...

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I too left without any new toys. I bought a couple of belts. I have to wonder how much business the vendors are loosing simply because people cannot get to the table to look. It was one of the busiest 1500's I've been to.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    Fire Hazard

I am surprised they don't limit the crowd because of a fire hazard. Can you imagine an evacuation for an emergency. People would be trampled to death.

I wonder if there is a firefighter on here to speak to that.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I went at about noon and the line looked like Friday opening. I have never seen it like this before. It moves quickly and when I left around 2, there was no line. I went in trying to sell a pistol and left only buying some Pmags.

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got there this morning about 8:30 and it took 2min to get in. I walked around for a bit and I noticed it was starting to get a little crowded. I got a good price on a handgun (INGO member discount) and when we walked out the door at about 10:30 there was a huge line to get in! It wrapped around the corner of the building. This was my first 1500 and I enjoyed it until the mass of people showed up. I hate crowds. lol

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    We got there at 8am waited in line to get in for 10 Min, crowd really picked up by 10am and it was nothing but Hair / Teeth and eyeballs everywhere when we left at 1pm. Did find some decent buys on the things I was looking for (Rifle hard case, some mags, etc.). Dad was dissapointed he wanted a Henry Golden Boy in .17 HMR and there wasn't one on the place that we saw so I'll be searching the net this week for one. Best deal was after we left, I hooked up with 1Donos another INGO member and he gave me a smok'in deal on his DMPS AR-15, just what I was looking for. Thanks Don! You rock buddy. Then headed home and ate lunch at the 36 Saloon in Rockville. Had a great day, enjoying it with my Father.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Glad to know it isn't always that busy. I was there from around 11 til 1 and the crowds of people around the handgun displays were almost impossible to get through.

Top Bottom