• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I went to the same gun show last year and the prices have dramatically increased from that show to this one. There were some great deals but nothing like the last show. I watched quite a few people trying to work some trades with the dealers and the dealers came back with another offer and everyone of them refused leaving the dealer dumb founded. I thought it was pretty funny. Saw some nice guns and met some nice people, but went home empty handed. Oh by the way, almost every dealer there had a Hi Point and they all said their number 1 seller is the HP C9. The C9 went for anywhere from $130.00 - $180.00. All I have to say is this, The gum industry is booming and they are keeping their value. Dont let a dealer screw you over. I talked to one dealer today that had a booth at the last show, as a matter of fact he had the biggest selection last year and this year he was quite small. I asked him why he didnt have as many guns and he said they are hard to get now, no one wants to trade and used guns are keeping close to their new prices.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I watched quite a few people trying to work some trades with the dealers and the dealers came back with another offer and everyone of them refused leaving the dealer dumb founded.

It's a seller's market. Completely understandable behavior.

I am uncertain why people think they will get "deals" with FFLs but I guess you have to try.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    My son & I will be going Sunday morning, don't anticipate buying any guns - but might buy another stripped lower and some mags if there are any priced decent. Also looking for about 1K of 62 Gr 223 bullets for reloading - know I might have to pay a little premium at a GS but can't find any pulls or hardly any reasonable priced ones on the web right now.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not to take anything from the show, if you are in pursuit of stripped lowers, I noticed Applied ballistics had 8 or 10 of them in the case. I think they were $129. When I needed one a few months ago, it seemed like everyone was out of stock.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    My son & I will be going Sunday morning, don't anticipate buying any guns - but might buy another stripped lower and some mags if there are any priced decent. Also looking for about 1K of 62 Gr 223 bullets for reloading - know I might have to pay a little premium at a GS but can't find any pulls or hardly any reasonable priced ones on the web right now.
    The room in the very back had a vendor that has a pretty big booth and he was selling reloading things, not sure what but there was guys buying bags of brass casings, ect.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'll be heading over in about an hour or so as well. After that, out to Applied Ballistics to put a few rounds down range with a new P938 I just got.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not a bad show. Quite a few Mosins, AR and AK design fireams. A pretty good selection of Sig, Ruger, glock and the usual accessory/Tshirt/ammo can/cleaning stuff vendors. Some had stupidly high prices, and they were not seeing much action. Other vendors had fair prices and were actually selling merchandise. There is a guy with powder/primers/bullets in the back room. His prices were about the same as Midway, but since cash and carry does not add hazmat and shipping, I dropped a couple large bills there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, man, did anyone see the pair of Smith M34s on the orange tables? Cannot believe I did not bring much money. Had a check, he wanted cash only, what a fool I am. They were spectacular.

Same guy (from up north around LaGrange) had a Browning slide action in .22 mag that I SHOULD have bought.:drool:

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I guess I was a little disappointed. I paid my 5 bucks and wasn't handed a free gun. Prices were at retail or higher for what I was seeing. I guess there was a lot of what I wasn't looking for....

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I laughed there today when someone tried to tell me that they priced their draco ak's for 799 because dealer price is 700. He was serious too. loloololol

M70 ak's were going for 799 as well. Saw a WASR for a cool 629.

That place was good for some laughs, thats for sure.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Just got back from Purdue, daughter in tow. I stopped by the show beforehand and spent a little over an hour wandering around. First impression was that it was a nice show. Smallish, but nice. There was a severe deficiency of the Indy 1500 "flea market items" so that was a nice plus. Prices were all over the place. For example; one dealer had a new in the box, plain-jane wood-stocked Ruger 10/22 for $339 and two tables down, another dealer had the exact same model NIB, for a very reasonable $229. I saw WASR's ranging from $539 to a laughable $700, a NIB Gen 3 Glock 30 with night sights for $549 and on the other side of the room was the same pistol for $690. :laugh:

Several decent deals on SW and Colt revolvers including a Python in mint condition for $1580 (far south wall in the middle of the main room). I nearly popped for a brand new in the box ZT 0350 for the great price of $115 but decided my cutlery business is well-served by Brad and Sheila. I did pick up a new IWB for the G26 so I'll be giving that a test run for the next few days.

All in all, not a bad show and the dealers I spoke to seemed to be willing to deal if you were paying in cash.

Top Bottom