• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    For those compelled to show/clean/demonstrate their firearms in front of these teenagers. Do you ever wonder if you're setting yourself up for a possible robbery down the road if the dating doesn't work out? Sure, we would like to think our daughters make good choices in dates, but even like this guy. he turned out to be someone he's not. Just curious. And yes, I have 2 daughters of my own, so I get to experience this myself. Not sure I would go the whole, "check out my safe", but maybe they would wonder about the range in the side yard. Either way, they know guns are at my house, but I don't really want to draw them a map of where they are. Just ny thoughts.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    For those compelled to show/clean/demonstrate their firearms in front of these teenagers. Do you ever wonder if you're setting yourself up for a possible robbery down the road if the dating doesn't work out? Sure, we would like to think our daughters make good choices in dates, but even like this guy. he turned out to be someone he's not. Just curious. And yes, I have 2 daughters of my own, so I get to experience this myself. Not sure I would go the whole, "check out my safe", but maybe they would wonder about the range in the side yard. Either way, they know guns are at my house, but I don't really want to draw them a map of where they are. Just ny thoughts.

I didn't feel compelled to do anything other than answer my doorbell. Normally, I do flip the edge of my shirt over my grip...I just didn't.
    Trust me, I wasn't being showy intentionally...I also wasn't expecting "company", as most folks know to call first.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County

This happened to a friend of mine. He had some guns come up missing after his son had a party at the house. Figures someone saw part of the collection, came back a few days later and helped himself to a couple.

It's usually not your kids friends but the word gets around and the wrong kids find out.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I think the whole story is Priceless and it would fit right into a movie scene. Jetgirl looks like your minijet is ok there. She blew him off after she found out all about the alias AJ. Good for her. :yesway:
    Keep up the good parenting and minijet will be just fine.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My son was seeing a girl and her father jokingly mentioned he had a shotgun.
    My son said, "Cool, need help cleaning it?"
    But then, my son was always a gentleman. Boys need to be raised right, too.
    It turned out that she wanted more "intimacy" in the relationship than he felt was appropriate and they broke up.
    Some boys would have taken advantage of her, mine didn't. Color me proud.:)

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    When my wife and I started dating her dad leaned over the table and said"I ve got 2 pistols and I'm not affraid to shoot ya." That was our second meeting and he was alright after that. Turns out I'm the only one he ever liked.

Top Bottom