• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sat through that video, or a nearly-identical one, about a year ago, I think.

Notice the warning on the door - no weapons allowed pursuant to section 30.06. Almost made me wonder if whoever put that video together had a sense of humor. :)

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I really didn't think it was a horrible video. Most of it was decent advice. If I found myself in this situation I am going to run as far as I can and tell as many people to do the same.

On a side note I find it kind of funny that the ad I got before the video was for the new Purge movie.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I feel safer now. Sure am glad I watched it, I would have never thought it was kosher to do anything but wait to die.:dunno: So running, hiding and fighting are acceptable alternatives. . . .whoda thunk it?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    This style of training has been taught in the local schools the last handful of years. It has within the last two years become training material for local businesses, after several individuals had been making fun of the schools curriculum...

A business in Seymour had to put this into practice earlier this year. It isn't my preferred way to defend myself, but sometimes it's all we've got...

ShadowGoose

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    No Where
    Even on the "Fight" section they tell you to only do it as a last resort or if your life is in danger. Really? They still don't want to you to defend yourself or others from the threat. Fight is a better option in my opinion since you MIGHT be able to save other lives along with yours. Obviously situation depending.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    And some businesses in IN have active shooter drills just like fire drills and tornado drills. Next time your company has a disaster drill pay attention to how long it takes people to figure out what to do.

How many here have went to classes and/or trained on what to do when armed and this situation arises? Do you train for just one scenario or try to account for variables? This is training for those unable or unwilling to carry.

The reality is most businesses do not allow one to carry while on the job so shooting back is not an option until you make it to your vehicle.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Seen one of those videos at work also. They tell us NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. When they tell us that, I always think, then take almost everything away from us. Because there are so many things that could be used as a weapon. Then we watch this video and it tells to improvise a weapon. Makes me wonder if I improvised a weapon to save my life could I get fired for having weapon?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Funded by the Department of Homeland Security. Now there's a Muppet News Flash.
    That ad reminded me of the circa 1950's "Duck & Cover" campaign.

Put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Sat through this myself the other day. My desk is a dead end but it's also concealed from 3 sides and cubicle half-wall on the 4th. I face the window/door wall to the office and once out said door there are multiple exit routes.

My wife made me proud a few months ago, after the Seymour incident. Raised in a good liberal household, only being exposed to guns in the last few months and the first thing she says when we get off work was "Boy I'm sure glad we have those no weapons signs and 2 geriatric guards to protect us. I wish we could carry at work"

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Q&A - was there a Q&A session afterwards? What did they say when you asked if it would be a good idea if employees were allowed to be armed since as an employer they had no effective way to protect you?

Nice situational awareness by the security guard. Flirting with the hottie in the hallway, totally misses the entry of an unfamiliar bad guy dressed in his mall ninja gear, and takes the first shot in his gut.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Sat through that video, or a nearly-identical one, about a year ago, I think.

Notice the warning on the door - no weapons allowed pursuant to section 30.06. Almost made me wonder if whoever put that video together had a sense of humor. :)

Actually 30.06 is the section of Texas penal code that gives their "No guns" signs force of law. The sign is required to reference this code so they all say "pursuant to section 30.06" . Texas gun owners often refer to "No guns signs" as "30.06 signs." This film may simply have been filmed in TX.

Top Bottom