• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    No its in Georgetown (Floyd County/Harrison County) Its on the same property as Indian Creek Shooting Center. The indoor range is for members of Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol club. We also have an outdoor facility just outside of Borden,IN. Its a real nice club and they have all kinds of different shooting events both inside and outside.

OPSEC...we have enough members.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Would I carry one for a daily carry gun, no. Would I want to be on the receiving end of 30 rounds of .22MWR, no. I'm a fan of FN pistols but I would never buy a 57 because of cost and the cost of ammo.
    I wouldnt carry it unless I had to but it would still do the job if it had to. I like the Fn line up too but cant see paying that much for a five seven or the ammo,even at dealer cost!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I got a chance to hold one the other day @ PSS and that thing is a feather weight. It felt like an empty water pistol. It wouldn't be a bad carry gun at all. .22 wmr will ventilate bad guys just fine and anyone man enough to walk through 30 rounds of wmr isn't going to be taken down by anything short of artillery.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    lol,never enough members.

I wont use it for the actual NRA match but the fun matches.

Oh yes there can be enough members.

Try sitting for nearly 40 minutes while 2 old wildcat reloaders are out putting up targets and the standing chewing the fat.:xmad:

That's why I'm looking for land, for my own private range.

Enough of the hi-jack.:D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    they are a blast to shoot and play with. i did a review on mine a couple weeks back. though there was one in the review section also and he didn't have near as good as luck. his jammed quite a bit and didn't like much ammo so right now i guess its hit and miss

Local481

Plinker
    Rating - 81.8%
    9   2   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    5126840730_a7374e6c54_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46375535@N04/5126840730/#
    Had mine for a while now. To get a pmr to function properly you have to feed her the right ammo and also there is a proper and improper way of loading a pmr mag. Buy one and read the manual and you will be very happy with the PMR 30

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Any gun shops in central Indiana getting them in on a regular basis? I know Plainfield has had at least one, but I'm hoping they start showing up often enough to get a look at one.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    they are a blast to shoot and play with. i did a review on mine a couple weeks back. though there was one in the review section also and he didn't have near as good as luck. his jammed quite a bit and didn't like much ammo so right now i guess its hit and miss

"so right now i guess its hit and miss" = Kel Tec 1st Gen anything.

Don't get me wrong. I've owned three KTs - I still have one (2nd gen P3AT) that I carry frequently. I've been all the way down, and back up, the fluff-and-buff road. I'm a member of KTOG and ktrange back to '02 or '03. I've sent guns back to the factory and they came back perfect.

KT will stand behind their work. They are capable of making (and/or fixing) a pistol to be perfectly reliable.

Their R&D? Well, their first gen R&D tends to be based more on customer feedback/problems than in-house testing. Kinda like Microsoft Service Packs! LOL.

I am comfortable buying a Kel Tec. I am NOT comfortable buying a first generation from them.

Then again... if the PMR-30 is really a 2nd gen Grendel P30, then maybe I need to start looking for one! :D

EDIT: Since Kellgren did a carbine version R31 of the P30, it is reasonable to assume he might do the same with the PMR-30.

Grendel.jpg

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

EDIT: Since Kellgren did a carbine version R31 of the P30, it is reasonable to assume he might do the same with the PMR-30.

Yeah, my PMR-30 is back at the mothership getting worked on... There is a specific technique for loading the mags; if you don't follow it you get "rimlock" and failure to feed.

Here's a link to the carbine:
    KTOG Forum - Carbine that uses PMR 30 Mags

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

Don't get me wrong. I've owned three KTs - I still have one (2nd gen P3AT) that I carry frequently. I've been all the way down, and back up, the fluff-and-buff road. I'm a member of KTOG and ktrange back to '02 or '03. I've sent guns back to the factory and they came back perfect.

KT will stand behind their work. They are capable of making (and/or fixing) a pistol to be perfectly reliable.

Their R&D? Well, their first gen R&D tends to be based more on customer feedback/problems than in-house testing. Kinda like Microsoft Service Packs! LOL.

I am comfortable buying a Kel Tec. I am NOT comfortable buying a first generation from them.

Then again... if the PMR-30 is really a 2nd gen Grendel P30, then maybe I need to start looking for one! :D

Grendel.jpg

that R31 is bad paddling. they are very similar and both are great guns. i can't wait for the carbine version. they just finished the prototype up bit ago and it looks awesome. someone above posted a link. anywho here are a couple pics of my babies together :)

DSCN1543.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

DSCN1541.jpg

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Even though I believe they have been recalled due to some having problems and Keltec says they are going back to the drawing board on certain aspects of them I still have mine and to date have had no problems out of it. If I do then it will be sent back. So far nada.

Top Bottom