• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Its still hanging on my refrigerator. One, because I'm not sure where to laminate it at yet. And two, I'm looking into classes to take, before I even consider carrying outside of the house.

548820_10151895057945654_658455747_n.jpg

Not sure if the photo will show or not. Its linked from my Facebook photos.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i like your thinking, if you can't find anywhere to laminate it. bring it to greenwood i'll do it for ya.
    and in my openion.. don't be scared to carry outside of your house.. yes, proper training will help you be a better 'gun user' but still carry one get the feel for it. and just use your head. congrats!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Word to the wise; make a bunch of copies BEFORE you sign it (the pink paper is available at Office Depot, Staples and Kinko's). I put a small mark on the back of my original, just so I know which one it is, not that I really think it makes a lick of difference. And I personally stuck the copy percent on my wallet carry version to something like 94% (I think it was), otherwise it doesn't fit my walket like a standard ID does.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Word to the wise; make a bunch of copies BEFORE you sign it (the pink paper is available at Office Depot, Staples and Kinko's). I put a small mark on the back of my original, just so I know which one it is, not that I really think it makes a lick of difference. And I personally stuck the copy percent on my wallet carry version to something like 94% (I think it was), otherwise it doesn't fit my walket like a standard ID does.

i myself have done this. i have one in the safe, i also have one in the range bag, my car, and my wallet! not a bad idea at all.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I was wondering if copying was "legal." Its just a piece of paper, with no watermarks or security measures. So I was already thinking about picking up some pink paper.

But seeing the $20 replacement, I figured I'd risk it.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Was also really surprised at how short of a time it took to get. Probably just slightly over a week after paying the final Westfield fee. They told me that the state was backed up with these, and would probably take 6-8 weeks.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Take it to one of the FedEx/Kinkos places. You can get it laminated there.

Yep, took mine to the Kinko's on Carmel Drive. They have the exact match pink paper too (at least they did a few years ago). The employee's did all the work for me. :yesway: Keep the original unsigned and in your safe. Oh, and congrats.

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    Staples will laminate it too. It's very inexpensive. They use the same lamination material as the old school driver's licenses used to be until the end of the 90s. Very durable.

mheymann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    I went to office depot on Saturday and got a ream of 500 Xerox Pink Pastel Paper for $9 after tax. It looks like the same exact paper. I made 6 copies of my unsigned license, cut them to size, and took them to office depot. Two young guys put them on a 10mm laminate sheet and cut them out for me all for $2.66. No questions asked. Of course now I have 494 sheets of pink paper just laying around!

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    There are some laminating pages available at places like WalMart as well. They arent the heat seal type of laminating but it warks ok. I had my wife laminate hers at her office and before I could tell her to make copies she had already cut it out signed it and sent me a picture of it in the lamination...LOL... God bless her little heart. She was so excited about getting it and finally being able to carry other than around the house and property she just didn't think ahead.
    Mine has been through the washer too many times to count so it is definately a life saver there. The lamination will start to peel away though when it washed enough times and mine needs to be relaminated.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012

Why copy before you sign?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Personally, I would stay with 100% on the copy. There's nothing else to call out a copy, and even though it's kinda big, you can shave it a little, as well as the laminate. I'd wonder if shrinking it would call undue attention. I do my own laminating, as well.

Top Bottom