• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Considering that her attitude toward you was uncalled for, and the fact that she was just plain wrong, I think you handled it beautifully. She deserved to have it handed back to her. Nice job!

Where did this happen? Assuming it was in NWI if she was Gary PD. Maybe I'll go buy some gas there on my way to Bass Pro. :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Mr. Fuel Burr St. off 80/94
    I get fuel there all the time. Have been in store many times. I've never
    had a problem there.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just don't know, misinformed, uninformed, ignorant people are are the goal of the present regime, MAIG, and the press.
    Clearly, she is not uninformed, since she does hold beliefs and knowledge on this matter. Clearly, the beliefs and knowledge she claims to hold on this matter are not accurate, but do we really want to elevate this woman to the ranks of the merely misinformed? There's a term I've discovered for people who deliberately seek out and hold erroneous information as factually accurate. It generally requires that someone holding such erroneous information have a yen for sharing their misinformation with as many people as possible, convincing them of the erroneous information's accuracy and validity. People who hold erroneous beliefs and knowledge, and who eagerly share their opinions in those matters with others, and who vehemently resist any efforts by others to prevail upon them with the prevailing correct, accurate, and precise information are what I like to call "disinformed". Disinformed differs from the misinformed in terms of the tenacity with which the disinformed cling to their disinformation.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    What place does semantics have in this conversation? I understood what blue meant, as did most everyone else i'm guessing. If you think you know something, and are wrong, you're misinformed, end of story.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But to call someone disinformed conveys the additional information that they are not merely misinformed, but that they delight in inflicting their misinformed state on others while simultaneously clinging to their disinformation themselves. It's the difference between calling someone hyper and calling that person manic. There is worth and value in using terms that may only differ by degrees.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Where do you live that a gas station/convenience store has an uniformed armed security guard? Never noticed that in the places I've been.
    I don't know about Monroe Co., but Cumberland, on E. US 40, at the Speedway gas station, is the PD., "hangout". They harass my boss, all the time .....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    D) I'm pretty sure I don't have a "manhood" to be defended, but Blue Falcon's actions are perfectly acceptable.
    I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting you...

But it would seem to me that you're probably more of a man than lots of folks...

And if I ever DO sashay through Churubusco, I'll stop in at Tomlinson's and introduce myself.

Of course, I'll introduce myself by another screen name...and then proceed to be a real jerk.

That would then be fun reading subsequent threads ...

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting you...

But it would seem to me that you're probably more of a man than lots of folks...

And if I ever DO sashay through Churubusco, I'll stop in at Tomlinson's and introduce myself.

Of course, I'll introduce myself by another screen name...and then proceed to be a real jerk.

That would then be fun reading subsequent threads ...[/QUO

:lmfao::laugh: As long as you don't use my name.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cathy, I understand your point and do not disagre.
    My first point was referring to the populous.

LEO can only be:
    Informed = good cop
    Ignorant = bad cop
    Willfuly pushing their opinions/preferences as law = JBT

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just wonder if you got change back from the $100 or were the Slim Jim's free with the fillup?

Actualy I was filling up my wifes car. I had filled up my truck earlier. Spent around $150 there Saturday.

I looked online for contact info. Nothing but a phone, I will call corporate on Monday.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sometimes it's wise to let the fool be, but then that takes someone who is secure and comfortable. I wouldn't think of ignoring the security guard as "cowering in the corner or retreating," if I believe I am in the right. What does it matter to me for a little dog to bark at me? Think about how little money that woman makes. Not everyone is capable of the same degree of wisdom, after all, and you have to make room in the world for the less capable or less informed people. That's a part of the Christian wisdom in "turn the other cheek." But if you feel that you had to defend your manhood, then I can understand why you reacted that way.
    I'm sorry that you feel this way Bing, but if we do not speak out and inform what is correct concerning our 2A rights pertaining to the laws that us, then the misinformed has won, and will continue to win by the virtue of a Heckler's Veto.

I'm getting tired of people being "Passive" about our 2A rights, the left do not care, they will spew any and everything they can to try and exert their false beliefs upon us, and what make it worse is people like you that cower and back down instead of informing what is right or wrong.

Money and wisdom have no factor in this, lessons are free and education was taught to the uninformed.

To me he was not defending his manhood, he was teaching about our rights to the misinformed.

Young Padawan, you are not ready to study along side of Grasshopper, I feel you have more to learn.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sorry that you feel this way Bing, but if we do not speak out and inform what is correct concerning our 2A rights pertaining to the laws that us, then the misinformed has won, and will continue to win by the virtue of a Heckler's Veto.

I'm getting tired of people being "Passive" about our 2A rights, the left do not care, they will spew any and everything they can to try and exert their false beliefs upon us, and what make it worse is people like you that cower and back down instead of informing what is right or wrong.

Money and wisdom have no factor in this, lessons are free and education was taught to the uninformed.

To me he was not defending his manhood, he was teaching about our rights to the misinformed.

Young Padawan, you are not ready to study along side of Grasshopper, I feel you have more to learn.

Yeah Bing, not sure what planet you're from but the man was paying for gas and slim jims, not yanking the sargent's dummy cord. She decided to butt in and try, under color of law, to buffalo him into covering his legally carried weapon. She must have missed the day when they taught 2A ICs...

Anyway on this planet they don't seem to be handing out freedoms like they used to. We have to assert them from time to time. Feel free to step up and help out when you get a chance

Top Bottom