• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Sorry to hear that my friend!! I know your pain I had to put my Ruby down a couple of months ago, It's hard losing a loyal companion.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry for the loss Joe. It's truly not fair that their lives are so short.

I still miss what I call my first "real" dog. A Maltese that we had to put down 6 years ago @ the age of 16 because of her health, and to this day I still miss the pitter patter of feet, the joy in her bark when I came home, following me around the house like I was the center of the universe and the gentle snuggle she would do as she layed down beside me as I read the paper or watched TV.

We currently have a 11 1/2 year old Border Collie and a 11 year old Aussie Cattle Dog, and dread the day when another lose will occur.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    My goal in life, is to be as good a person, my dog already thinks i am........i've always said..you can judge a man, by the way he treats his dog...you seem like a good man...sorry for your lost.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I got a call to get over to my parent's house as soon as possible; if any of you remember Zeus is 100 in dog years and couldn't make it up and down my stairs.

I guess he kept falling over and was having trouble breathing. They were going to take him to the vet, but they wanted me to see him first...I didn't get there in time.

I knew the time was coming soon and I knew it was going to be hard, but I had no idea it would be this hard...14 years is a long time.

I'm going to bed now.

R.I.P. Zeus, you have no idea how much you are going to be missed.

major bummer man. sorry for your loss.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thinking about you and your family tonight. Prayers sent. He's up there waiting for that great reunion.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Thanks for all of the kind words, guys.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Wow, I really could have done without reading that right now. I'm happy you posted it, but another day would have been better.

Sorry about your loss Ben, I know it will not replace a lifelong friend but you have a new pup to help.

Thanks. I will say though, I'm glad I got my new puppy before Zeus passed, because there is no way in hell I'd have gotten another dog anytime soon...I knew him for over half of my life; I just hope, where ever he is, he is happy.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I just hope, where ever he is, he is happy.

Condolences on your loss. Very tough thing to lose a buddy like Zeus. The unconditional love that a dog shows is an amazing thing, thats what makes it so tough to lose them. But the loss is temporary, you will be reunited with your buddy, and yes, I do believe he is young and happy again, just waiting on you.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Got tears just hearing that..so sorry about Zeus. We all know its going to happen sooner or later. I have often thought wouldnt it be better if my boxer got to that point that just maybe he would just go outside and go for a walk and not come back. Very selfish of me to think that just because I dont want to have to see him suffer.

Top Bottom