• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    In my Fiance's hometown they also have an IGA. But I am pretty sure I would either get 10 years in prison or deported if I carried there.

picture.php

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    It disturbs me that if this store had been robbed in the past...or had a "plan" if they got robbed because the neighborhood had turned bad that their "plan" was OK everyone, have your cell phones ready to call the cops!

I'm sure the criminal with the gun would have been terrified. There is no possible way he could have shot them and taken their cell phones before they dialed 9.

I don't think they thought you were going to rob them. I think they were having a boring night, wanted some interested "closing time" talk and wanted to feel like they showed "that guy with the gun" who was boss.

It's plain rude to not tell you the total and I would have done what I do in Subway when the idiot kid who works there just stares at me when I'm next in line. Wait for him to say "how can I help you?" or "what kind of bread are you having?"

beclende

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    West of town
    I grew up in Frankfort and shopped in that IGA many many times for catfish bait! Never since I started carrying though...I'm all for a coke run open carry at IGA:rockwoot:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sounds like an OC-er's wet dream...all that attention from everyone...all eyes on you...people reacting to your weapon and cowering in fear!

(BTW, I do support OC...just seems to me that many people doing it are attension seekers, looking to get a reaction, and eager to post their experiences on a daily basis...on many forums across the land)

The reason that the IGA people were scared is that they have been conditioned to think that only criminals and police have guns. People have become used to not seeing real guns at all due to decades of increasingly restrictive gun laws.
    ^^ BINGO, reps.

Last edited:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's a person's right to not wear a jacket when it's cold out, but they shouldn't expect any sympathy from me if they get cold.

It's a person's right to not wear a hat or sunblock when out in the hot sun if they're sunburned and I'm not well, no sympathy there either.

And if they choose not to carry a gun then if they get frightened because someone is peacefully armed, well, the sympathy is a little lacking in that case either.

Now here you have a point. OTOH, how likely is someone to be scared/bothered by someone peacefully carrying in accordance with the law if the only reason they are not carrying is because of company policy?

Just saying it is their right to not like guns or not carry them.... period.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Just saying it is their right to not like guns or not carry them.... period.

And if they are victims because they don't like or carry guns? (Remember to what you originally posted that "it's their right" comment.) Then the comments I made above come into play.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    And if they are victims because they don't like or carry guns? (Remember to what you originally posted that "it's their right" comment.) Then the comments I made above come into play.

It is their right to make a choice to carry or not to carry and if they want to like guns or not and to have deal with the "consequences" of either decision.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It is their right to make a choice to carry or not to carry and if they want to like guns or not and to have deal with the "consequences" of either decision.

And one of those consequences is that, if there is high crime in their area, I'm more likely to be carrying, openly or otherwise, if I'm in that area for whatever reason.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

Just as long as they don't extrapolate their rights into an infringement on mine.

This goes right back at Republicans for making crimes out of all sorts of perceived anti-Christian violations of Biblical law.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The thing we have to remember in the original situation is that the OP was in a store that other than the manager was populated by 20 somethings. These are the product of the PC, no tolerance bunch, all they've ever known about guns is Columbine, Virginia Tech and Ft Hood, etc. They weren't taught, or didn't learn history, they never hear the story about the gun-toting samaritan that saved somebodys' life. They only know what the other hysterical sheep in the barn have passed along to them. Many of us on this board grew up with guns as an everyday part of life. We know them for what they are, an inanimate object than when used incorrectly can cause injury or death, but we also know the correct way to use them and how much fun they can be. If we don't start educating these people now and bring them back to earth I can forsee a time in the not too distant future when their generation is running the country and door-to-door gun grabs will be the norm!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've finally begun open-carrying or at least letting the top of my pistol exposed with my IWB holster. I get some looks sometimes, but getting used to just exercising my right to open carry in Indiana

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    The thing we have to remember in the original situation is that the OP was in a store that other than the manager was populated by 20 somethings. These are the product of the PC, no tolerance bunch, all they've ever known about guns is Columbine, Virginia Tech and Ft Hood, etc. They weren't taught, or didn't learn history, they never hear the story about the gun-toting samaritan that saved somebodys' life. They only know what the other hysterical sheep in the barn have passed along to them. Many of us on this board grew up with guns as an everyday part of life. We know them for what they are, an inanimate object than when used incorrectly can cause injury or death, but we also know the correct way to use them and how much fun they can be. If we don't start educating these people now and bring them back to earth I can forsee a time in the not too distant future when their generation is running the country and door-to-door gun grabs will be the norm!

Correct but how does ONE educate EVERYONE? I cant just stop and talk to every person I pass on the street every time I OC. If someone asks then yeah, I'll explain to them that it is our right. Just seems like a task that will never be accomplished especially when the media only shows the bad aspects of guns in every day life (robberies, hold-ups, muggings, ect..)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Correct but how does ONE educate EVERYONE? I cant just stop and talk to every person I pass on the street every time I OC. If someone asks then yeah, I'll explain to them that it is our right. Just seems like a task that will never be accomplished especially when the media only shows the bad aspects of guns in every day life (robberies, hold-ups, muggings, ect..)

Or when pro gun people get on tv and do more harm then good.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Oh my god, he has a gun!

That reminds me of the time I walked into a gas station open carrying in dress slacks and a dress shirt... and 2 hispanic patrons promptly got out of line in front of me after seeing me and left.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Decided to head back up to my hometown last night to do some cat-fishing but was in need of bait so myself (OC'ing G23) and my buddy stopped off at the local IGA Supermarket to get some cubed steak and chicken liver and from the time I walked in the door to the time I left, I guarantee the police were called at least more than once.

We had to pass all the registers to our right (I'm right handed) so I know all the cashiers (all 3 of them - female) saw the G23 on my hip when we entered because it was like time froze for about 20 seconds until we made our way to the meet counter in the back of the store. Every eye in the store turned toward us and nobody said a word.

We got our items and now it was time to check out. All the other registers were now closed except one. Two of the female cashiers and the cart boy (male- aprx. 25 years old) and the manager (male- aprx. 60 years old) were all huddled over in the corner talking amongst themselves, two of which had cell phones in their hand and kept looking back at us standing in line to checkout. The cashier was as friendly as could be with the 3 people in front of me (asking how their day was, making small talk and whatnot), but then it was my turn to check out, she didn’t even make eye contact. She scanned my items, didn't bother telling me my total, held her hand out (if she had a glass of water in her hand she would have spilt it, she was shaking that bad). I handed her a $20 bill, she handed me back my change and I told her to have a nice day and she almost p****d herself...haha.

We headed out to my truck followed by the cart boy (talking on a cell phone) and I swear it felt like I just robbed a bank or something. It looked like he was attempting to get my license plate and I did my best to back up and head out the backside of the lot so he wouldn't be able to. Knowing the police up in my hometown (minus the chief and lieutenant that I know personally and are family friends) the rest of the department remind me of the Andy Griffith Show and it would have been a mess if I got pulled over (not to mention it would have made me late to the fishing hole).

[FONT=&quot]Oh how I don’t miss my hometown… [/FONT]:laugh:

So did that make you feel all warm and fuzzy because you got to upset some citizens? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom