• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serviceboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    franklin, in.
    i just bought a sw40ve sigma. ive owned a .357 taurus but wanted to try semi auto. anyone out there with experience shooting or tips for me and my new sw. i have also ordered a laser for it and am excited to see what it can do. ive never shot a gun with a laser.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Congratulations on getting a semi-auto. S&W has done a good job making the Sigma so low in price. A lot of guys, including myself, don't like the trigger on it, but overall it's a good entry level semi-auto that you'll likely find reliable and easy to maintain. I've only shot the 9mm version, but have a 40 cal Glock, so you should have fun with it.

Let us know how you like it...

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    by not liking the trigger what do you mean please?

If memory serves, the Sigma has somewhere between an 8 to 12 pound trigger pull. My XD, for example has a 5.5 to 7.7 pound trigger pull.

I've fired a Sigma, and you can certainly get used to the harder trigger pull. It shoots where you point it, and I had no misfires.......although it was only one time and only 30 rounds. I've always been a fan of revolvers, so the trigger pull wasn't that surprising to me.

Holding the Sigma in your hand, you can feel the quality difference as compared to other higher priced polymers. HKs, Glocks and XDs just felt a bit more natural to me.

All that being said, the Sigma is still trying to live down its horrible performance of the mid 90's, but receives consistantly good reviews on its more recent models. IMO, it is not a bad gun for its price.

Top Bottom