• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stevezx2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Hartford City
    I've got a 1984 model. It's probably not the most accurate, and yes, finding all the brass when I'm done shooting does take a while, but that's all part of the fun.

I had pre-order a Samson folding stock when they first released them. When it showed up it was unfinished and really rough. I never even mounted it to my rifle before sending it back. With that being said, it looks like the ones they sell to ruger to put on the production minis must be much better quality, or they have perfected them over the years. I seen one in a gun shop a few weeks ago and it was beautiful but priced well above my comfortable spending limit. I just found another shop with them for about $500 less. So I'll probably pick one up soon.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Well, okay, you-all was right, I was wrong. The dot/magnifier combo did not work out. Firstly, the eye relief on the magnifier was too short. I had to stretch my head way too far forward for good sight picture. Then the dot is not holding zero. I could get it close to center, then after another adjustment, it was way off again. And, yes, the height of the setup was rather tall. Do-able, but not the best.

I rooted thru the cast off scope pile, and found a Burris AR/223 1-4x scope from way back when, and mounted that. See...

20240730_140028[1].jpg

Da Boy came by to check the function on his weird tacti-cool shotgun, and we sighted in the rifle. Didn't think to take a photo of the target til after we finished, so ignore the pellet holes. I circled the last 2 groups we shot at 50yds (max distance in my yard range).

20240730_185957[1].jpg

Good enough for now. Will go to my friend's house and get it right for 100yds. Then maybe find the best ammo for it. Or not. Overall I am very satisfied with the gun and setup.

Top Bottom