• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Be a nice guy,and take someone to a spot.SOMEHOW they seem to think it now their spot. The Neighbors tresspass on my property and clean me out.A girl friend (who is in stage 4) wants to go to her old homestead,and her sister runs her off. What is up with people.I will give her what I have, cause who knows if she'll be here next year. Sorry to rant,but is everyone gone crazy?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Be a nice guy,and take someone to a spot.SOMEHOW they seem to think it now their spot. The Neighbors tresspass on my property and clean me out.A girl friend (who is in stage 4) wants to go to her old homestead,and her sister runs her off. What is up with people.I will give her what I have, cause who knows if she'll be here next year. Sorry to rant,but is everyone gone crazy?

Sorry for ya bro, but you know that's your fault, right?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Cheer up. Sometimes it seems like the whole world is in the crapper, but a better day is coming!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Dude, mushroom season is like love and war. If your mushroom patch is not on property that you actually own, it's yours in the sense that "your song" is yours. My cousin has a secret mushroom patch that always produces bunches of great big yellow mushrooms. I think it's on the old homeplace (which she owns), but I don't know for sure. All I know is that if I have a daughter and name it after my cousin or her mom, my cousin might, just might tell my daughter where her mushroom patch is and I'm not sure even then.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I used to make sure all the old people would get a taste,give Dad the biggest ones,and than mabye,a few bluegill,some asparagus and a meal for me and the wifie. I have more fun finding them,.......been thinkin.....some people got some nice gardens......Think I will do me some Fall huntin myself......Their biggest melons.......their first tomatoes, and just smile...

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I used to make sure all the old people would get a taste,give Dad the biggest ones,and than mabye,a few bluegill,some asparagus and a meal for me and the wifie. I have more fun finding them,.......been thinkin.....some people got some nice gardens......Think I will do me some Fall huntin myself......Their biggest melons.......their first tomatoes, and just smile...

Sounds like a country song.... Need to put a tune to it....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hehehehehe.........that will get-ya hurt up here in the city.
    My spouse will wear a body out if she see's them in her garden........:)

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    There have been a few times that I have taken friends to the ancestral mushroom hunting grounds. I make it very clear that this is there one and only invite to this area, and if I see them here there will be a real problem. I too enjoy giving them to family elders and good friends who did not make it out for whatever reason. This year was a good year for me, and I ate about a half dozen, the rest given away. If you know for sure who is going into your spot, and they ahve a garden, I would certainly make a point of getting some produce this summer, or at least give a friendly threat that if your mushrooms get raided next year, so will their garden ;)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'd make a point to explain to him how rude it is to bogart someone else's patch. Family (even inlaws) deserve gentle correction.
    That said, it ain't just city folks. Some people lose all respect come shroom season. Then again, some folks never had much respect to start with.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have said it in several other threads, we see way more trespassers during mushroom season than any other season. I think the people willing to pay 40 dollars a pound is what drives it. Easy dope money for those who are in. I pick them for family members mostly but do like to dehydrate them and break them out in the winter when everyone is dying for something special .

Top Bottom