• ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Seems like INGO has gotten a weebit clicquey. :rolleyes:

Maybe it was so long since I posted no one remembered me.

I probably annoyed a mod and everyone blocked me since Rep became a joke. Well not that it ever wasn't one but hey high five and a platinum shield for those that were licking toes, right.

Well I will poke the hornets nest ans see what's buzzing. Give a shout later if u get time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Higher Taxes = Less Deficit
    Maybe the federal government should look at this model.

Less spending = less deficit as well. In fact one could say balanced budget = no deficit. Maybe the government should look at that model.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Moved here recently from Tennessee. Moved for a job, and getting away from a boss that I was daily wishing a heart attack or some other violent end on. That crap is mentally taxing.:xmad:

Anyway, having just moved here from the South, I have to ask, WTF? A state income tax, a County income tax and a 7% sales tax and still the roads suck? I have to pay $130 per child for "school text book rental"? (I have 4 kids in school) We had NO state income tax in Tennessee. We had a sales tax that was higher at 9% than here but I never had to pay to put my kids in PUBLIC SCHOOL!
    The property tax is higher here too.
    What gives Indiana? Where the heck is all that tax money going? I make more $$ per year here than I did in Tennessee and yet, due to all the state hands digging in my pockets every pay day I bring home less money than I did in Tennessee.

So far, I am real un-impressed with Indiana and I can see us heading back to Tennessee some day for sure. I promised the older kids that they could graduate from the school they are in now rather than moving again as I know that is hard on you when you are a teen. But that is just 4 years from now. I think I can last that long here but I'm not 100% sure. Alot depends on how bad winter kicks my butt.

I just had to rant there. Thanks for listening.

Well, bye.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc[/ame]

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Higher Taxes = Less Deficit
    Maybe the federal government should look at this model.

Absolutely. Best to advance confiscation of property; not only from us, but from our children and grandchildren as well.

Long Live Theft!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I noticed that too.

I always know it's a necro thread when I start seeing "shooter" under people's names. Next usually comes, "Whaaaa? They got banned? Hmmm, I hadn't noticed them post in a while."

What does "shooter" mean? :dunno:

It's interesting that the OP hasn't been on for months and this thread is years old, but people are ready to post arguments to right now as if it's fresh.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    No offense but, you should feel happy about the tax situation in IN... I live in Mokena, IL and pay $14,000.00 (yes you read that correct fourteen thousand) a year in property taxes, I pay another $25,000.00 in property taxes on my building my business is run out of. For public schools, bus service, books, etc... thats another $1,200.00 per child. I didnt even get into the state, federal, and sales taxes which are all far higher than Indiana. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention all the Toll Roads here... to get to and from work (which is only 20 miles from my house)... that's $14.00 a day round trip... that's not even looking at what I spend in gas.

Be thankful for what you have, it could be far worse.

Top Bottom