• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    There is a Libertarian primary of sorts. The party has a convention and doesn't use tax dollars to conduct party business.

Esentially, if you are neither a R or D and want to vote against the tax increase referendums in your area, you are forced to lie in order to gain access to a ballot. Hell of system we got here.

You can ask for an issues & school board only ballot.

A.K.A. The non-partisan ballot.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You can ask for an issues & school board only ballot.

Dammit, I forgot about the school board only ballot. My bad. Shows how much I vote in primaries.

Thats what I get for missing Maguire's blog post. Justice and Fortitude Blog Archive Independents & Libertarians: Vote for School Board

There was simply a ballot issue I wanted to vote on this time around. The place was dead as a doornail. There wasn't even a gaggle of supporters out front like usual. Heck, only a couple races had any competition.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do you have to be a registered R to vote for R, or you just have to be registered to vote?
    There is no party registration in Indiana, but taking a ballot for any given party in Indiana is an agreement to vote for a majority of that parties candidates in the general election.

IC 3-10-1-6
    Eligible voters
    Sec. 6. A voter may vote at a primary election:
    (1) if the voter, at the last general election, voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; or
    (2) if the voter did not vote at the last general election, but intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election;
    as long as the voter was registered as a voter at the last general election or has registered since then.

While the primaries are nominally "open", they're not as open as you might think. Crossing over can get your vote challenged and you would technically be committing perjury, if you did.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Swung back by my precinct again on the way home and stopped in. Much more lively than this morning. It appears as though we have gotten new machines in my neck of the woods and my neighbor was one of the poll workers. Kind of neat to see a guy that I have never talked politics with before working the polls. Now we have a topic to talk about that can bridge the age gap. :)

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Wife and I both did our best today to keep Coats UNEMPLOYED!
    What a colossal jackass!

donkey-face.jpg

Top Bottom