• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So, I received notification that I'm being considered for jury duty in Hamilton County. They have a questionnaire that you have to send back that helps them determine your eligibility for jury selection (are you 18, are you a citizen, do you speak English, etc.) but they have an online form that you can fill out rather than mail in the paper version. Nifty, eh?

Now, even though I dislike jury duty, as a responsible citizen I'm more than happy to contribute. However, it would be nice if, when submitting the form, I didn't receive an OLE database error. :xmad:

Guess I'll be mailing in the paper one anyway. *sigh*

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Ugh!!
    Dear Juror #34,
    Here are invasions of privacy that we require you to report upon that violate your civil liberties and rights, specifically your right to privacy:

How many people are in your household?
    What are their ages?
    What are their relationships to each other?
    What are their occupations?
    What is your marital status?
    What is your level of education?
    What is your employment?
    How long have you been so employed?
    What did you do before that?
    Have you ever been charged or convicted of a misdemeanor? Explain.
    Have you ever been charged or convicted of a felony? Explain.
    Has anyone in your immediate family been convicted or served time? Explain.
    If so, how did you view your/their treatment by the judicial system?
    Financially, what is your annual household income?
    What hobbies do you enjoy in your free time?
    What magazines do you subscribe to?
    What newspapers do you subscribe to?
    How much television do you watch?
    What sports are you involved in?
    Do you have membership to any club, church, or organization?
    Do you participate in any volunteer activities? Explain.

Oh how I'd love to send this back:
    Dear jury selection committee;
    I am so excited to serve on a jury. I'm a firm believer in jury nullification, and I'm sure that whatever BS law you've charged the defendant with breaking, it's unconstitutional and in need of nullification. See you in court!
    Sincerely,
    A.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Just tell them if the cops arrested him then they must be guilty. You will not have to serve besides that is pretty much my opinion of most of the cases that actually make it to trial anyway. I have never been called but the wife has a couple times and she had said it was a joke that the guy was even trying to make someone believe he was notguilty.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    So, I received notification that I'm being considered for jury duty in Hamilton County. They have a questionnaire that you have to send back that helps them determine your eligibility for jury selection (are you 18, are you a citizen, do you speak English, etc.) but they have an online form that you can fill out rather than mail in the paper version. Nifty, eh?

Now, even though I dislike jury duty, as a responsible citizen I'm more than happy to contribute. However, it would be nice if, when submitting the form, I didn't receive an OLE database error. :xmad:

nelson_haha.jpg

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have always wanted to be called. I have lived here for 19 years. Registered voter the whole time but never called...

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have always wanted to be called. I have lived here for 19 years. Registered voter the whole time but never called...

Me neither. However, my fiance has been called 4 times in 4 years. Just moved outside of Marion Co., so no more service for her. Time for Johnson Co. requests to start showing up. :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I got to serve on a rape trial. Probably one of the most satisfying and interesting things I have ever done. Would do it again without any reservations.:yesway:

:+1:

Ditto, but mine was a murder trial. I was fresh out of high school and loved the feeling of service. Our defendant earned himself 75 years in June of 1985. Somehow, he was eligible for parole as of March of 1992, though he is still incarcerated with a projected release of December 2012. His maximum sentence is June of 2060, though since he's 46 now, I don't think it too likely that he'll make it to that day. I'm somewhat incredulous as it is that he'll be out as early as they say he will!

Blessings,
    B

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    There were four charges, rape, criminal confinement, assault, and resisting arrest. We found not guilty on the rape and confinement charges, hung jury on the assaualt, and guilty on resisting. He ended up being released because he could not make bail and had already spent the time in jail. Prosecution had a VERY weak case and a very unreliable victim.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There were four charges, rape, criminal confinement, assault, and resisting arrest. We found not guilty on the rape and confinement charges, hung jury on the assaualt, and guilty on resisting. He ended up being released because he could not make bail and had already spent the time in jail. Prosecution had a VERY weak case and a very unreliable victim.

Sounds VERY similar to the case that I was in the pool for. Eerily similar...

They didn't want me, though. One (or both?) of the lawyers ixnayed on -Ared-jay.

-J-

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

You speak English :D

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They don't use Voter Registration anymore... I'm sure it's probably listed on Indiana's website somewhere but this is the first instance I found.

Welcome To baclocal4.org!
    JURY DUTY IS NO LONGER DETERMINED BY VOTER REGISTRATION FILES
    JURY DUTY SELECTION IS NOW MADE FROM BMV AND INCOME TAX RECORDS
    (EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2006)
    Source: Judge John J. Pera, Chair
    Indiana Supreme Court Jury Pool Project
    (Northwest Indiana Times, October 24, 2005)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I really don't mind being called for jury duty, assuming it's only one or two days. I absolutely do not want the life disruption that an O.J.-type trial would bring. 6 months sequestered? No thanks!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I get to report to superior court 1 tuesday a 8am in ham co. I hope I get a good one....

That's far too early. It should be 12 noon, and then immediately break for lunch for two hours, and then done at 4 PM so you can beat the traffic.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I am actually kind of excited. I finally get to see first hand how it works, but I will most likely get a freakin divorce or fender bender...I wanted that double homicide that happened in homeplace last year...there goes my OJ book deal:eek:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was called once when I lived in Michigan, but never even made it to jury selection. They picked the first 12 people on the list and sent the rest of us home.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom