• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I've been summoned 3 times. Once I was excused since they filled the jury before they got to me. Once right after I moved to Indy, I was dismissed without showing up since it was 2 hrs to go back home and do it. Once since I have moved to Indy. Called every night like they tell you to do and my number never came up.
    I honestly would love to sit on a jury once. Not like I have anything else to do anyway. :dunno::D

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Here is what can happen in Marion Co.

Frequently Asked Questions.

8. What if I just don't show up?
    • A person who fails to respond to a summons may be ordered by the Court to immediately appear and show cause for the person's failure to comply with the summons.
    • If the person fails to show good cause for noncompliance with the summons, the person is guilty of criminal contempt and upon conviction may be fined:
      • not more than one hundred dollars ($100)
      • or imprisoned in the county jail for not more than three (3) days,
      • or both

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Turn the tables. YOU are on trial for a SD shooting, not necessarily determined as such. Who do you want in your jury?

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I am a little hard of hearing. If someone doesn't mumble and I am looking at them while they speak clearly I don't have a problem hearing them. But if English is their second language or they don't speak loud and clear I can miss things. I have gotten a couple of summons the last couple years from Lake County and I replied that I was disabled. I was turned down for enlistment in the In. National Guard because I can't here some of those beeps in the hearing test. Might be from the ear infections while I was a kid or from working on jets while I was in the Marine Corps. I would like to serve on a jury duty but i don't know if there is anything for the hearing impaired that could allow them to be on a jury, like some kind of a plug in head seat. I tried calling and asking but couldn't get through to a human, so I just sent their form back to them that I am disabled. I have never had to answer or prove why. So if you get summoned respond that you are disabled.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Its your duty to serve on a jury if selected. your country doesnt ask back too many things for all it gives. We owe it to each other to be Honorable Men & Women and show up and be honest. and if selected serve on the Jury with pride.

If you dont show up for jury duty then i believe a BIG fine is in order unless you had extremely extenuating circumstances, like your DEAD.

what if you would have been the ONE voice of reason about 2A rights that would have set an innocent fellow gun owner free instead of losing his freedom?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I got selected a long time ago. They called about 3 times with a date and canceled every time a day or 2 before. It got to be a pain telling my employer I wouldn't be there and then showing up to work. I finally got to go one time and the guy on trial failed to appear.

I just got selected for some federal court in Lafayette and had to mail something back. I want to serve so I can try to limit the tyranny of our government.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Clearly there are enough real Americans like you who are willing to do their duty. That being so, let children like me go to my real job and make my money while you volunteer to play jury and cast your judgement upon strangers.

I have been following your posts on this forum since I joined in April. You talk a lot about freedom and rights and how we are being deprived of those rights and our freedom is being eroded. One of our most basic constitutional rights is to be tried by a jury of our peers. In order for this system to function it requires the voluntary commitment and cooperation of all citizens. By failing to answer the call to serve just as those who have the right to vote and do not,you have disenfranchised yourself. You have therefore made yourself very much a part of the problem rather than a part of the solution. You are very fortunate that others including your contemporaries sleeping in a miserable tent or hole in the ground tonight in the middle of some Godforsaken desert or frozen mountain area or serving on a jury downtown tomorrow are carrying your weight. You are obviously not up to the task.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have been following your posts on this forum since I joined in April. You talk a lot about freedom and rights and how we are being deprived of those rights and our freedom is being eroded. One of our most basic constitutional rights is to be tried by a jury of our peers. In order for this system to function it requires the voluntary commitment and cooperation of all citizens. By failing to answer the call to serve just as those who have the right to vote and do not,you have disenfranchised yourself. You have therefore made yourself very much a part of the problem rather than a part of the solution. You are very fortunate that others including your contemporaries sleeping in a miserable tent or hole in the ground tonight in the middle of some Godforsaken desert or frozen mountain area or serving on a jury downtown tomorrow are carrying your weight. You are obviously not up to the task.

Amen to that. I don't know what it is about some folks who think that things are owed to them without being willing to put in their time when asked. I think it's a fundamental difference in outlook in life. I believe that I should give more to society than I ask of it and I try to live my life in that fashion, and there are clearly folks out there who feel that society owes them far more than they give back. I have little use for people with that attitude as they are working against making a better place for all of us. Maybe some he gives more in other ways that aren't obvious, but the attitude displayed makes me doubt it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom