• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Who would want to shoot themselves in the chest?

Dave Duerson did just a year and few months ago. From Wikipedia:

Duerson was found dead at his Sunny Isles Beach, Florida[1] home on February 17, 2011. The Miami-Dade County medical examiner reported that Duerson died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.[6] He sent a text message to his family saying he wanted his brain to be used for research at the Boston University School of Medicine, which is conducting research into chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) caused by playing pro football.[7] He left behind three sons and a daughter from his marriage to ex-wife Alicia Duerson.[6] On May 2, 2011 researcher neurologists at Boston University confirmed that he suffered from a neurodegenerative disease linked to concussions.[8]

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Who would want to shoot themselves in the chest?

I think it is much easier to shoot yourself in the chest than the head if you wanted to commit suicide. You could accurately obliterate your heart, with no chance of living like a vegetable for the rest of your life. It makes good sense to me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think it is much easier to shoot yourself in the chest than the head if you wanted to commit suicide. You could accurately obliterate your heart, with no chance of living like a vegetable for the rest of your life. It makes good sense to me.

Nah, these guys shoot themselves in the chest because they want science to study their brains. Like how Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest to preserve his brain.

Poor guy couldn't stand the pain and ringing in his head anymore. He traded his body for his living, it's going to add up and you have to be superhuman to endure the continual pain.

That pain causes personality changes (a la Phineas Gage) and depression. He was too proud or too ashamed to get help and decided that this was the only way out. Horrific tragedy.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was suspected that his car "accident" a couple years ago was no accident. He drove off a cliff after a domestic battery charge. There were rumors at the time that it was a suicide attempt, although the official report says Seau stated he fell asleep and didn't do it on purpose. Sad and horrible situation where a guy so young with 3 children feels this is his only way out.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/10/junior_seau_injured_in_car_cra.html

Kw1P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I didn't even know about the car accident but that makes sense I hope that they can use his brain to help solve whatever he had and help future players.

Top Bottom