• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok now seriously, out of 4684 members, NOBODY wants to help volunteer for the July 4th Tea Party Security? There's waaaaaaay too much talent on this board for it to go to waste.

I mean, I know it's the fourth of July, I know people have better things to do, but it's only 4 hours out of your life that evening. You still have plenty of time to be with family and friends, the Indy fireworks are right after the rally, you can still make it home in time to set your own off, whatever it is you do on the Fourth.

So what do you say? Help us out? Support the Patriots fighting the good fight for YOU?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Our local Publicly Subsidized Democrat Millionaire Mel Simon (Pacers) has canceled the Atlanta Georgia, July 4th Tea Party. 20,000 people were expected to attend. All necessary permits had been obtained but MR Simon does not want a political protest occurring at his Mall. It may upset his Democrat political fundraiser wife :noway: and Obama supporter :xmad:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Our local Publicly Subsidized Democrat Millionaire Mel Simon (Pacers) has canceled the Atlanta Georgia, July 4th Tea Party. 20,000 people were expected to attend. All necessary permits had been obtained but MR Simon does not want a political protest occurring at his Mall. It may upset his Democrat political fundraiser wife :noway: and Obama supporter :xmad:

They'll prevail and find some place to do so. Determined people are rarely undermined by the weak.

bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    :xmad:

This makes me sick to my stomach to think about. I worked for Charlie Skjodt. (Cindy Simons' brother inlaw) I remember during the election Paul & Cindy hosted a "party" for Obama while he was in Indy. They were soooo excited to meet him and fill his pockets with $. Shortly after that I got myself into a little debate, with Charlie, over the direction I believed Obama was going to take our country. I thought we had a mutual respect for each other and were able to speak freely. Almost immediately they began to manipulate things and make my job miserable. After about a month of that I was told to find another job. Don't know for sure that my views were my demise but I can't help but wander.:dunno:

Now to here about this....:xmad:

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What are you looking for by way of security. Letting people know what they would have to do might help get some people to volunteer.

I'm not the head of security or anything so I'm not 100% certain but I would look at it like this...

Basiclly just walking around keeping an eye out for anyone getting rowdy or disturbing the peace or breaking the rules/laws. Those who are out of line you point out to the police and report to the head of security. Police take it from there. Basiclly we are the scumbag/rulebreaker clean up crew. Nothing serious and you get to be there for the whole show.

That's how it went with the last Tea Party and there was only a handful of people who tried to walk onto the Capitol property with sticks on their signs and one person who was drunk. I wouldn't expect anything more than minor things.

You even get a radio to play with! :D I wasn't told I couldn't carry either and I carried at the last Tea Party. Concealed of course.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll be doing something up here in NW Indiana. Not sure where yet. I'll try and get a run down on exactly where else will be tea parties.... I gotz connections ;)

Glad you found the thread and to know you're up there helping the cause! Good luck with your event!

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I'll be doing something up here in NW Indiana. Not sure where yet. I'll try and get a run down on exactly where else will be tea parties.... I gotz connections ;)

I may be going to one in chicago, If not I will probably be in fort wayne, any chance you will be heading that direction?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    If I can find one up here closer to me I'll prob go to it. But I'm thinking about coming down to that one. I told my dad about it and he actually sounded a bit interested too.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OP EDITED TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION!

The correct e-mail address for JULIA BLANK is as follows: juliablnk@comcast.net

THANKS!

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: July 4th INdependence Day Tea Party

We are in need of more volunteers to serve in one of two capacities at the INdependece Day Tea Party. Please contact JULIA BLANK (juliablnk@comcast.net) immediately, if you are willing to help.

SECURITY (15 persons needed):

--You will arrive at the tea party site (White River State Park) by noon and wear a provided yellow "Security" t-shirt. A walkie-talkie will be assigned to you.
    --Your role is to serve as support (additional eyes & ears) for the hired security, and to assist participants, as needed.
    --You will be assigned a specific post: i.e., merchandise booths, stage area, entrance areas, parking area, etc.

HOSPITALITY (10 persons needed):
    --You will arrive at the tea party site by 3:00 PM (times will vary based on task assigned) and wear a provided red smock/apron.
    --Your duties will include one of the following: working at a merchandise booth, hosting an information table, collecting donations, or passing out information.

Thank you so much for your willingness to participate! FREEDOM!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    As you can imagine, this type of rally attracts the best possible crowd. At the 4/15 protest, you there was hardly any problem at all. There wasn't even any trash to pick up afterward. (Darned right-wing extremists!)

Our job consisted of watching for troublemakers (I ran into none), and enforcing the ridiculous statehouse rules that SE mentioned (no signs w/sticks, no selling of bumper stickers etc.). Luckily, White River State Park doesn't have such goofy rules.

There were a couple protesters last time who were probably plants from the other side, promoting revolution. Since we paid for the permit and they didn't, we asked them to move across the street.

Basically, security will be the ears and eyes. They'll try to handle minor situations, where possible. If anything worse occurs, they'll call it in to get the police to help.

Top Bottom