• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Maybe we can go over how to use our defensive pistols to reduce the mosquito's ability to present an itchy threat? Can we point shoot them? Maybe I should bring two so we can dual wield them. We can take them out like this...

equilibrium-shootout-1-1-o.gif

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    What movie is that?

Equilibrium. Christian Bale...it's amazing. It's a futuristic society, he's sort of a cop. They have used science to develop the perfect angles in winning a gunfight so the guys perfect a sort of "kata" and then use it in gunfights throughout the movie. One of the most underrated and best gun movies that no one seems to ever have heard of. It's on netflix, or at least makes the cycles through there.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm not sure how this one got skipped. The two day shooting class last weekend went great. We did way more than shooting as many of you may expect. It's clear why this is the flagship class. Mike taught the material at his usual high level. The students were both squared away and everything moved quickly while still staying safe. Overall it was a great weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing Matt and Joe again in future classes. I hope you guys felt the same way and enjoyed the class as much as I did.

JBishop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    New Albany
    I'm not sure how this one got skipped. The two day shooting class last weekend went great. We did way more than shooting as many of you may expect. It's clear why this is the flagship class. Mike taught the material at his usual high level. The students were both squared away and everything moved quickly while still staying safe. Overall it was a great weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing Matt and Joe again in future classes. I hope you guys felt the same way and enjoyed the class as much as I did.

I'm glad class went well, Mike's a great instructor. It was unfortunate that there were two great classes in the area on the same weekend. I don't know about Rochester's weather, but the heat didn't quite break liked we'd hoped.
    CRG is a groundbreaking, albeit information intensive class. Now the hard part: PRACTICE! I've seen many friends of mine who took CRG revert back to poor technique because the only shooting they did after class was IDPA, and they didn't want to get 'funny looks'. :bs: CRG is an eye opener, but these are perishable skills, you have to have the self discipline and integrity to run dry drills/draws, challenge yourself not to shoot static. More importantly, use the 'soft skills' to observe people in your environment, and wargame how you might deal with each scenario that could present.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm glad class went well, Mike's a great instructor. It was unfortunate that there were two great classes in the area on the same weekend. I don't know about Rochester's weather, but the heat didn't quite break liked we'd hoped.
    CRG is a groundbreaking, albeit information intensive class. Now the hard part: PRACTICE! I've seen many friends of mine who took CRG revert back to poor technique because the only shooting they did after class was IDPA, and they didn't want to get 'funny looks'. :bs: CRG is an eye opener, but these are perishable skills, you have to have the self discipline and integrity to run dry drills/draws, challenge yourself not to shoot static. More importantly, use the 'soft skills' to observe people in your environment, and wargame how you might deal with each scenario that could present.

Good call. Especially if just such a scenario requires a combat roll...not that I'd know anything about that.

Top Bottom