• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm curious. Was this specific company exempted in the text of the law? On what basis were they exempted?
    My guess is the company is subject to the US Dept of Homeland Security Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards and regulated by the USNRC, but that's only a guess.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    With the economy the way it is people are stacked up four deep and a mile wide to fill a position, so chances are they probably don't care all that much. :rolleyes:

Yes, but those people 4 deep and a mile wide are unemployed for a reason. Hopefully it's because the more qualified people are already employed, but that may not be the case.

Anyway, if you chase off all your good workers and replace them with desperate people who have no experience in the field, the product will suffer, you'll lose market share and eventually be replaced by the competition because of bad policy.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes, but those people 4 deep and a mile wide are unemployed for a reason.

Oh really? Not always true..

Companies are getting rid of long term, high paid employees, in order to cut costs and hire lower paid employees. Trust me, it has happened to me...

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    My employer previously had a no weapons on property policy. This morning they sent out the following comments on the new law:

- the weapon must be locked in the employee's vehicle, not a friend's or ride sharer.

- employees can be required to park in particular spaces on an emloyer's lot if they are carrying a weapon in their vehicle.

- an employer may require any employee who brings a weapon to work to show how they possess carry or transport the weapon lawfully

- for the law to apply the parking lot must be owned by the employer and a rule set by the parking lot owner is not forbidden by this law.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My employer previously had a no weapons on property policy. This morning they sent out the following comments on the new law:

- the weapon must be locked in the employee's vehicle, not a friend's or ride sharer.

- employees can be required to park in particular spaces on an emloyer's lot if they are carrying a weapon in their vehicle.

- an employer may require any employee who brings a weapon to work to show how they possess carry or transport the weapon lawfully

- for the law to apply the parking lot must be owned by the employer and a rule set by the parking lot owner is not forbidden by this law.

:laugh::laugh: they are just showing their ignorance.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Doesn't matter. IIRC, hospitals are not exempt from the law.
    I didn't mean they were. I meant I'm interested to see what "rules" about this new law they are going to set forth.

The only reason any of these laws exist are for prosecution after the comission of a crime.
    [snip]
    If a company is serious about "protecting" the employees, they should hire armed guards.
    If YOU shoot someone on the premesis (I know that isn't spelled right) of your work, I'm sure YOU will be fired! How great is that. :patriot:

We've been saying for years our hospital needs security. The CVS in our town has been robbed twice in the last 2-3 months. Both times they took only drugs, not money. Once with a gun, once with a knife. It's only a matter of time till someone is shot in our ER. :dunno:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    What I find most amusing is that how many of us have already been carrying prior to he law coming into effect it hasnt changed anything really other than we can not be fired for it now. They will just have to find another reason like my shirt or something. Hell I had one of the bosses ask me today if I carried since I can now.

Top Bottom