• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    After coming back from lunch today, we had an ALL HANDS ON DECK EMERGENCY OMGWTFBBQ alert from HR.

The company I work for, previously, had no firearms policy. Silence is often golden. We received a few new people in the HR department after some semblance of transition(s). This new policy, obviously copied from the handbook of a much larger company was emailed to every employee and required a personal signature from every employee from part time employees to full time management.

I read it and signed it... the signature required reading of the document, not compliance... with the following warning.

1. If you have firearms in your car, you will not discuss it with anyone.

2. By bringing in briefcases, purses, packages or boxes you are automatically waiving your rights to retain them during a search and seizure by human resources. (AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3. Bring a gun to work, get fired.

4. Unless the Governor declares a state of emergency, all previous rules apply. (????)

5. A license to carry does not supersede company's policy.

The reasoning... of course... is prevent any DANGER to fellow employees and members.

If anyone one of our institutions are breached by security and robberies are in progress, for your safety you are asked not to go to your car or defend yourself. <--- This was literally in the 'moral code and contract' of our company.

This was my expectation as to what companygroupthink has become, I'm just sad to see my company as the latest one to fall prey to it. :n00b:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Wow..........................aint that a load of crap. I hate working for companies that have these policies in place. I work in IL, so I know all about it. But with the way things are now, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

You should sign "mickey mouse";):laugh:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Any takers on how long it takes for TWB to get canned for refusing to let Stan :gheyhi: from HR search him?

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    My hospital was bought by Bloomington Hospital, which now is a "Clarian Partner" (Whose name, BTW will be changing to "IU Medical System", sometime this year.) So I can only wonder when the order will come down from "the NEW Mother-ship".

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My hospital was bought by Bloomington Hospital, which now is a "Clarian Partner" (Whose name, BTW will be changing to "IU Medical System", sometime this year.) So I can only wonder when the order will come down from "the NEW Mother-ship".

Doesn't matter. IIRC, hospitals are not exempt from the law.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    The Big Bad Pharma company I work for made sure to tell us before the law was passed that we are exempt. I lol'd when my department head was telling us.

I'm curious. Was this specific company exempted in the text of the law? On what basis were they exempted?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The only reason any of these laws exist are for prosecution after the comission of a crime.

Like a sign is really going to stop anyone from being violent. please...

I was working at Navistar in Chicago when someone shot the place up. They even had automatic turn-styles, and security card doors and the guy still got in.

Dumb dumb dumb...

If a company is serious about "protecting" the employees, they should hire armed guards.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If a shooter comes on the premises,, be sure to let him whack everyone in HR (or any other people that might resent your use of a firearm) before you begin defensive fire.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    "2. By bringing in briefcases, purses, packages or boxes you are automatically waiving your rights to retain them during a search and seizure by human resources."

Can they really go that far? Sure, it's their property, but purses and brief cases are the employee's. Can you imagine dumping a woman's purse after snatching it out of her hands and counting her feminine products in front of everybody? The hostile environment suit would be her lottery ticket. Are they going to start patting down and frisking people as they go through the door? No, no negative consequences there.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    "2. By bringing in briefcases, purses, packages or boxes you are automatically waiving your rights to retain them during a search and seizure by human resources."

Can they really go that far? Sure, it's their property, but purses and brief cases are the employee's. Can you imagine dumping a woman's purse after snatching it out of her hands and counting her feminine products in front of everybody? The hostile environment suit would be her lottery ticket. Are they going to start patting down and frisking people as they go through the door? No, no negative consequences there.

Yeah if you let them. Otherwise its probably an "if I cant search your stuff youre fired" deal.

Top Bottom