• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Don't they pretty much cover everything with either Interstate Commerce or their power to Tax? They pretty much think there is no limit to what they can control with one or the other.

I'm not asking about the SCOTUS interpretation, which is nothing more than intentional scope creep. I'm asking about the words actually written in the Constitution.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trick question, eh? ;)

He's floated many a trial-balloon but could find no one in Congress willing to bring gun control to a vote.

So essentially, you're saying he abided by the will of the people, despite his own personal wishes? And then you have those two pieces of legislation that actually expanded gun rights. Doesn't fit in very well with the "he's going to take our guns," hysteria. Has he even been quoted asking for a ban, like the one under Clinton?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The 14th: equal protection of the law. If a legal definition of marriage discriminates against a subset of couples, then it's not applied equally.

Nothing about marriage laws discriminate. Any man can marry. Any woman can marry. But refer to my second question: as marriage is a religious institution, what in the Constitution enumerates authority for the government to involve itself in marriage, at all?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, you ignore the vigorous attempts to get legislation enacted from an opposite party as proof that he's not anti-gun? He said himself that his biggest disappointment was losing the gun control battle with congress. Simple question. Are you serious?

I'll ask the question again. Since he has been president, has Obama signed MORE pro-gun or anti-gun legislation?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We can do this all day, until someone decides to take a bitter pill and answer the question (T.Lex, you don't count).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So essentially, you're saying he abided by the will of the people, despite his own personal wishes?

haha

More like, he couldn't find anyone to carry his water, so was left complain about it. Separation of powers FTW. Now, he did pretty much maximize what he could do with executive orders.

And then you have those two pieces of legislation that actually expanded gun rights. Doesn't fit in very well with the "he's going to take our guns," hysteria. Has he even been quoted asking for a ban, like the one under Clinton?
    First - what legislation expanded gun rights? The sunsetting of the AWB was not new legislation.

Second:
    Obama Wants to Ban 'Assault Weapons' but Does Not Know What They Are - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    In his speech last night, President Obama said the government should "make it harder for people to buy powerful assault weapons like the ones that were used in San Bernardino."

To me, that bespeaks the AWB.

Obama's press secretary:
    White House: Reinstating 'Assault' Weapons Ban to Prevent Terrorism is Common Sense - Katie Pavlich
    Speaking to reporters from the White House Tuesday, Press Secretary Josh Earnest suggested the 1990s, Clinton era ban on semi-automatic sporting rifles, better known as the assault weapons ban, is common sense and should be reinstated to prevent terrorism and crime in America.

Which does lead to his efforts to introduce the new gun control bill:
    Obama Gun Control Plan 2015: White House Ready To Pass Weapons Restrictions Without Congress
    Dems introduce bill to ban assault weapons | TheHill
    More?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll ask the question again. Since he has been president, has Obama signed MORE pro-gun or anti-gun legislation?

You can't argue with logic like this. The fact that Obama supported Fast and Furious, signed executive orders to keep guns off the streets, campaigned for various sensible gun laws doesn't matter. The fact the signed a piece or two of legislation that tended to expand rights is all we need for proof Obama is pro-Second Amendment. Who can argue with that?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

The original assertion was:

He has tried very hard to undermine the 2A. He has called Republicans terrorists. I'm not sure what's so hard to pinpoint here.

Why are you arbitrarily limiting the discussion to legislation signed into law?

Do not all of these speeches, in which Obama railed against "gun violence" and demanded action, not count as trying very hard to undermine the second amendment?

Attempting to wave the bloody shirts of elementary students while telling America (and the "gun lobby") "shame on you" doesn't count?

<span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">[video=youtube;1liUQ4imjCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1liUQ4imjCQ[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    haha

More like, he couldn't find anyone to carry his water, so was left complain about it. Separation of powers FTW. Now, he did pretty much maximize what he could do with executive orders.

First - what legislation expanded gun rights? The sunsetting of the AWB was not new legislation.

-The bill which allowed people to carry firearms, in their checked luggage, on Amtrak
    -The bill which allowed the carrying of loaded guns in national parks and wildlife refuges.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can't argue with logic like this. The fact that Obama supported Fast and Furious, signed executive orders to keep guns off the streets, campaigned for various sensible gun laws doesn't matter. The fact the signed a piece or two of legislation that tended to expand rights is all we need for proof Obama is pro-Second Amendment. Who can argue with that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Want to move the discussion forward, answer the question.

Kut (isn't amazed that answering the question is difficult for some)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ALSO: lets not forget that obama and hitlary said that Australian style confiscation is worth looking at.

He can't do it with his pen and his phone.
    If he stacks the court, any more that he has already done, and an individual right is not upheld....
    It's then "Constitutional" to begin confiscation, er, uh, gun buy backs just like the Aussies and their shrimp.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Nothing about marriage laws discriminate. Any man can marry. Any woman can marry. But refer to my second question: as marriage is a religious institution, what in the Constitution enumerates authority for the government to involve itself in marriage, at all?

It shouldn't. I've been vocal in my support of eliminating marriage as a legal concept and replacing it with civil unions for all. But until then, there's no reason to enforce existing law unequally.

And yes, saying that only marriages meeting the religious definition are valid is applying the law unequally. It's like passing a law banning pork, and then saying that it's fair because it applies to everyone, whether their faith forbids pork or not.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    IsRAXFicTUu1QtkOj4Pz_Jenga-Face.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Speech is next after guns. Shut the **** up, you don't have a voice.
    obama and hitlary playing Constitutional jenga with the courts, it's all downhill from here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll check back periodically, to see if someone decides to answer the very basic question.

Kut (wonders why the admission of a fact so difficult.... not really, it's Obama, after all)

Top Bottom