• ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Not going to happen.
    Like religious choices folks are vetted into a mindset and it is hard to get them out of that rut. Pride/embarrassment/denial/idiocy....whatever the reasoning most folks are staying pat with their "Choices"

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
    Proverbs 16:18

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Another reason why the upcoming presidential election is so important. The overwhelming percentage (I think about 80%) of our presidents serve two terms. Two terms, for the mathematically challenged, is 8 years. The current living SCOTUS justices are OLD! The chances of them all living until 2025 (the end of the next 2 terms) are very slim. Whoever we put in the whitehouse next is very likely to appoint several justices. Imagine any of the likely Democrat candidates making those appointments. The moral of this story.....GO VOTE REPUBLICAN whether you like the guy or not.

Also a good reason to let the Dear Leader have his way.:rolleyes:

Sure the Repubs can bluster and pander to their base, but in the end, let him have his way.

Making this the fight of the century could backfire in November.

The next president will likely have multiple picks. Breyer, Ginsburg, and Kennedy, hell, even Thomas, can't live forever.

A temporary 6-3 SC is bad. But a 20-30 year one is a catastrophe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Sure the Repubs can bluster and pander to their base, but in the end, let him have his way.

The next president will likely have multiple picks. Breyer, Ginsburg, and Kennedy, hell, even Thomas, can't live forever.

So again we take a back seat to this waste of skin and let him further deteriorate our republic.
    Let him have his way......wait, watch and realize if the Dems stack the deck we are really screwed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Elections have consequences.

I'm really amazed Buzzi-Ginsberg is still around. Her husband who (in her words) cooked for her for 30 years passed on a while back. He must've been a bad cook and his replacement is no better. My Grandma passed away when she was 97 and on her worst day she looked better than Buzzi-Ginsberg does on SCOTUS photo day.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So again we take a back seat to this waste of skin and let him further deteriorate our republic.
    Let him have his way......wait, watch and realize if the Dems stack the deck we are really screwed.

Our Republic will survive, as it has survived. Sometimes you gotta play the long game. And the SC is the longest game of all.:dunno:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

I should think that totally pissing off the constitutional conservative voter base by yet again capitulating to the Community Organizer-in-Chief would be the surest recipe to lose their votes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our Republic will survive, as it has survived. Sometimes you gotta play the long game. And the SC is the longest game of all.:dunno:

I should think that totally pissing off the constitutional conservative voter base by yet again capitulating to the Community Organizer-in-Chief would be the surest recipe to lose their votes.

I understand the long game but the time has long passed for us (we/gun owners/like thinkers) to sit on our hands. The longer we wait the more time the Media driven Bravo Sierra will work on the :koolaid: drinkers and their numbers will multiply. We are near or already outnumbered.

It is time to get up and take a stand.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

You think it'll **** them off enough to vote for Hillary or Bernie? Or will they just stay home? Either way, I think you greatly overestimate the number of constitutional conservatives.

The majority of people in this country are firmly in the middle of the road. You know, where yellow stripes and dead possums live.;)

Alienating the middle by going to the mat over this is not something to take lightly. In a world of 51-49 elections, how the Repubs choose to deal with this will likely make the difference in November.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

People are saying that this will be the end of the Republican Party if they block this nomination. They may indeed crash and burn someday soon, but if they do it will be because they're unable to convince the fart winds of change of its odor.

Not a trivial task, but it seems that every time Harry Reid says this is unprecedented, McConnell should show a video of Reid's back-door-buddy Chuck Schumer calling for blocking ALL of GWB's nominations back in 2007. And then show Senator Barack Obama in 2006 voting to filibuster Alito's nomination.

So no. We don't need to let the petulant child have his way to save the Republican party.

Now. If Obama nominates a SCOTUS pic that is reasonable to all sides, they should vote to confirm. My guess is that it won't happen. I don't think Obama at his core is a progressive activist. I am not sure he could nominate a non-progressive, non-activist.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You think it'll **** them off enough to vote for Hillary or Bernie? Or will they just stay home? Either way, I think you greatly overestimate the number of constitutional conservatives.

The majority of people in this country are firmly in the middle of the road. You know, where yellow stripes and dead possums live.;)

Alienating the middle by going to the mat over this is not something to take lightly. In a world of 51-49 elections, how the Repubs choose to deal with this will likely make the difference in November.

Sounds to me as though you have drank the same MSM cool aid that the RNC has, that you have to pander to the middle.

This primary stands that theory on it's ear. All of the main stream moderate Republicans are at the bottom and the conservatives are near the front behind the most outspoken, abrasive take no c*** candidate we have ever seen.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This primary stands that theory on it's ear. All of the main stream moderate Republicans are at the bottom and the conservatives are near the front behind the most outspoken, abrasive take no c*** candidate we have ever seen.

Is this the first primary you have ever observed? Smart candidates always pander to the base in primaries, then move to the middle when it counts because that's what it takes to win.:dunno:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Fascinating how the Democrats can behave as abominably as they like with judicial nominations, as they did with the following and suffer no consequences or warnings about how doing so would destroy their political futures:
    Douglas Ginsburg
    Miguel Estrada
    Clarence Thomas
    Robert Bork

Apparently, Democrats have these magic beans that make it possible for them to have total open season on judicial nominees, while at the same time, Republicans who even question the qualifications of Dem nominees risk not only their political careers, but being tarred and feathered, ridden out of town on a rail, then each given a ride on the ducking stool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fascinating how the Democrats can behave as abominably as they like with judicial nominations, as they did with the following and suffer no consequences or warnings about how doing so would destroy their political futures:
    Douglas Ginsburg
    Miguel Estrada
    Clarence Thomas
    Robert Bork

Apparently, Democrats have these magic beans that make it possible for them to have total open season on judicial nominees, while at the same time, Republicans who even question the qualifications of Dem nominees risk not only their political careers, but being tarred and feathered, ridden out of town on a rail, then each given a ride on the ducking stool.

Yes......sitting back and looking puts us in this position.
    If the playground bully is not addressed straight on he will not ever change his tactics.

Top Bottom