I leave it long for the bees, now Leave me alone. :lmfao:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When it comes to Libertarians, there are no grey areas. I'm surprised they even let you consider yourself a libertarian of any sort with out a perfect 160.

I got an 82 BTW.

With only an 18 purity point difference, you're practically hornadylnl! Keep that up and you can be a party spokesman like mrjarrell.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With only an 18 purity point difference, you're practically hornadylnl! Keep that up and you can be a party spokesman like mrjarrell.

I'm not sure who you're trying to insult. But I'm betting horn or mj will likely take exception more strongly than me. :lmfao: With a perfect score being 160? and me just getting an 82, I'm just a half-***ed libertarian. :):

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    51. Do I get a prize?:popcorn:

As for Juan, give the guy a chance. You can't expect him to go from Lefty to Anarchist overnight. It wasn't that long ago he was the darling of NPR. It's taken Fox a while to soften him up. He'll be working Alex Jones or Glenn Beck before ya know it.;)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    51. Do I get a prize?:popcorn:

As for Juan, give the guy a chance. You can't expect him to go from Lefty to Anarchist overnight. It wasn't that long ago he was the darling of NPR. It's taken Fox a while to soften him up. He'll be working Alex Jones or Glenn Beck before ya know it.;)

I think his son is way to the right or northeast or whatever mulit-dimensional-political-scale-you-use from his dad. Maybe his son is bringing him around.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm not sure who you're trying to insult. But I'm betting horn or mj will likely take exception more strongly than me. :lmfao: With a perfect score being 160? and me just getting an 82, I'm just a half-***ed libertarian. :):

Several years ago everyone took one of these tests and posted their scores. It was funny, my libertarian score was higher than some of the radical libertarians.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think his son is way to the right or northeast or whatever mulit-dimensional-political-scale-you-use from his dad. Maybe his son is bringing him around.

One son was an intern for Strom Thurmond back in the day, if that tells you anything. The other worked for some Repub congressman from Michigan.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I never posted a wookie jpg in this thread.

Those are my posts but I did not write "those words". I did not write that jpg. Other people help me with the jpg. I am incapable of having an idiotic thread. Perhaps my jpgs should be better policed but at no time am I responsible for what I write.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I never posted a wookie jpg in this thread.

Those are my posts but I did not write "those words". I did not write that jpg. Other people help me with the jpg. I am incapable of having an idiotic thread. Perhaps my jpgs should be better policed but at no time am I responsible for what I write.

Ghost in the machine :runaway:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    That test was mislabeled. That isn't a "Libertarian Purity Test". It is an "Anarchist Purity Test" (#63 & 64). No role for government whatsoever? No defense of the nation (#60)? No protection from criminals or enforcement of contracts unless you can pay for justice (#57-59)? I'd greatly prefer minimalist government over the current Leviathan, but anarchy would be too abusive.

Should the law be privatized (#59)? How many here complained about a patchwork of local gun laws before Indiana superseded them? How would you feel about *all* laws being privatized (localized) and unevenly enforced? Glad I didn't score too high on that test.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That test was mislabeled. That isn't a "Libertarian Purity Test". It is an "Anarchist Purity Test" (#63 & 64). No role for government whatsoever? No defense of the nation (#60)? No protection from criminals or enforcement of contracts unless you can pay for justice (#57-59)? I'd greatly prefer minimalist government over the current Leviathan, but anarchy would be too abusive.

Should the law be privatized (#59)? How many here complained about a patchwork of local gun laws before Indiana superseded them? How would you feel about *all* laws being privatized (localized) and unevenly enforced? Glad I didn't score too high on that test.

Welcome to the libertarian paradox of purity.

Anarchy and statism are all on the same vector.

If you're a Libertarian purist, anyone who fits south of you onthe line is a statist. Anyone who fits north of you is an anarchist.

For example, I scored 50 points, the obvious standard of purity. Everyone who didn't score 50 points is clearly wrong--ghuns' outrageous score of 51 demonstrates his manifest anarchist beliefs. MisterChester is an obvious a statist thug at 39 points. I may now look down my nose and scoff at their impurity.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome to the libertarian paradox of purity.

Anarchy and statism are all on the same vector.

If you're a Libertarian purist, anyone who fits south of you onthe line is a statist. Anyone who fits north of you is an anarchist.

For example, I scored 50 points, the obvious standard of purity. Everyone who didn't score 50 points is clearly wrong--ghuns' outrageous score of 51 demonstrates his manifest anarchist beliefs. MisterChester is an obvious a statist thug at 39 points. I may now look down my nose and scoff at their impurity.

At 82, I get to not only scoff but chortle, snicker, and titter at your boorish, statist beliefs.

Top Bottom