• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    So Ive had my dads 1988 Rem 870 express for some time now and decided to fix it up since its been in pieces for some time now. I added things like Magpul furniture, Vang Comp sights, Mesa Tactical side saddle and Nordic components extension. I new I wanted it Cerakoted but didn't know by who, so I found out the JFE did Chris Costa's and Travis Haley's Cerakoting job and did work for BCM on the JACK CARBINE. I sent it off about 18 weeks ago and received back after a long wait on week 17 after being told it would be 2-3 turn around time. I can understand why they took so long, it looks amazing and they are super busy I'm sure. When I opened up all the parts I noticed there was no firing pin and spring, no sight aperture for the ghost ring setup and I was missing a bolt for the Magpul barrel clamp sling mount. I was very happy with the job done and price but disappointed with my missing parts from such a high rep company. Would I have them do another firearm for me? probably, but imo if its going to take longer then at least email or call or something. I will post up some pictures of it when I get the finishing parts back to finish it and the cool part is my dad has no idea I fixed it all up and its working again. I think it'll be cool to see his face when he sees his old shotgun back to life again. This post is in no form to bash or trash talk JFE because they did a phenomenal job but, def bummed I didn't get all my parts. Thanks all

Last edited:

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    They told you 2-3 weeks and it took 17. Parts are missing. You stated " Would I have them do another firearm for me? probably". I'm not that forgiving, "Fool me once, Shame on you, Fool me twice, Shame on me. Let us know if you ever get the rest of your parts.:popcorn:

Top Bottom