Join Two Ruger 10-round Stock Magazines?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Anyone make anything like a Tri-mag, that joins two stock 10/22 mag's "bottom to bottom"? I want something that will fit with my ATI stock folded. Quick search bombed... TIA :)

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've seen something like that in the past, but for the life of me I can't remember where... Sportsman's Guide or Cheaper Then Dirt maybe?

Can always try chewing gum... or superglue...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Found it!:rockwoot: 10/22 Accessories Close to the bottom of the page. Only $7.95.

Found it cheaper at Brownells. But be aware that it requires that you superglue your mags to the clip holder. It is getting poor reviews at Brownells for that reason.

That is one big advantage to the trimag design- you can easily add or remove your mags at any time. I would prefer a dual-mag due to the bulky nature of the trimag, but not if I have to glue them together.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It seems to me that a Hi Cap. (20-30 round) single magazine would make more sense??:)

It would until you actually try them. Some people have had good experiences, but too often the 3rd-party hi cap magazines have been unreliable. The best is the TI25, which does work well (I have one), but it is very expensive. The Ruger 10-round rotary mags are very reliable.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The 20 and 30 round magazines also make it extremely difficult to shoot prone.

True. Definitely a problem for Appleseed shooting. I'm considering your suggestion on a 2/3s trimag. I want something that can fit in my rifle-case pockets and that might work. I've had it on my wish list at Midway, but haven't been willing to "pull the trigger" yet.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd think that even as close to the centerline and compact as those mags are, it would still throw off the balance to whichever side the extra mag was on if you only had 2 on the tri-mag... one would be offset...

I've never noticed a balance problem when I've done it, but I'm admittedly not a precision shooter, either.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have two sets of these dual superglued mags for each of my Appleseed rifles. They work fine. Clean up the mags and plastic with Denatured Alcohol or similar and then use a slow super glue and it works fine.

Allows you to get a hold of to reload much easier.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    FYI: Trimags are a little cheaper from Brownell's than Midway. I've seen IndyJoe's dual-mag setup and I was interested until I found out that you have to glue them together. I've also seen a "quadmag" which additionally requres glue but also has space in the middle for even more round storage.

Here's the link for Brownell's for the dual clip and the quad clip RUGER® 10/22® QUAD-CLIP & DUAL-CLIP HOLDER - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools and the trimag ALANGATOR LLC. : RUGER® 10/22® TRIMAG™ - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

and pictures of all three:

2dki82v.jpg

p_100005354_1.jpg

p_100003403_1.jpg

All of that said, I have trimags and for the most part, I like them (for some weird reason I've not taken time to determine, my mags don't sit evenly on one of my trimags like they do on the others)

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:
    Top Bottom