• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Agreed. In fact (INGO LEOs, correct me if I'm wrong), isn't it his sworn DUTY to enforce the laws of the state of Indiana (do Johnson County deputies go to the IN LEA)?

If so, wouldn't that require that he arrest someone found to be in violation of IC 35-47-2-1 (a class A misdemeanor or class C felony, depending upon the circumstances) and thus be derelict in his duties as a LEO? :dunno:

Yeah if it was really illegal I think any LEO would arrest you. :rolleyes:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So did you get out your license and prove to him that it doesn't say "concealed"? That would've been the PERFECT opportunity.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As for the thread title, why do all the officers of the Johnson County Sheriff's Department now suck? Because of this one officer's ignorance? Certainly they don't ALL suck, right?

Thread titles like these are why INGOers who are also police officers feel outcast. It just perpetuates the 'us vs. them' perception that we don't need here. We're all gun owners on INGO.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As for the thread title, why do all the officers of the Johnson County Sheriff's Department now suck? Because of this one officer's ignorance? Certainly they don't ALL suck, right?

Thread titles like these are why INGOers who are also police officers feel outcast. It just perpetuates the 'us vs. them' perception that we don't need here. We're all gun owners on INGO.

Maybe because this has happened before with this same County and its deputies.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

Actually, since he used singular possessive, he is referring to the "suck" of a particular deputy. All is good. :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    LEO: IF you have a permit, you would know that in Indiana you have to conceal your weapon when carrying..

LEO: Take it out and read it

a few mins pass ... and there he is again

LEO: ... and you really need to learn the law in indiana
    So did you get out your license and prove to him that it doesn't say "concealed"? That would've been the PERFECT opportunity.
    This^.
    With an exchange that long...plus revisiting it minutes later...there is no reason in the world that your license couldn't have been retrieved from your wallet so this could be addressed.

AlterEgoJason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    I am new to this site and I am flabbergasted at the amount of LEO's that DO NOT KNOW THE LAW! I mean c'mon. They are suppose to uphold the law! Instead it seems that they take time and effort to harass law abiding citizens instead of doing their jobs. All the more reason for me to carry with so many ignorant LEO's running around out there.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I am new to this site and I am flabbergasted at the amount of LEO's that DO NOT KNOW THE LAW! I mean c'mon. They are suppose to uphold the law! Instead it seems that they take time and effort to harass law abiding citizens instead of doing their jobs. All the more reason for me to carry with so many ignorant LEO's running around out there.

I promise you there are just as many if not more ignorant gun owners than ignorant LEO. Lets try to make negative interactions with LEO or any one that thinks they know but doesn't, learns the truth. It's far better than logging into INGO and bashing LEO.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm surprised he didn't tell you to leave the Theater since they have a no guns policy my Sister is actually the genera manager there and she has even told off duty police to leave their guns in their cars... lol I was like at least your consistent... I of coarse carry anytime I am there...

i am always careful and look for signs posted. there were none at the ticket booth, none at any of the doors to enter the lobby of the theater and none that i or my gf saw as we entered the theater.. if i had seen one, i simply would have asked for a refund and left. i dont frequent places that dont support my 2nd..

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    i am always careful and look for signs posted. there were none at the ticket booth, none at any of the doors to enter the lobby of the theater and none that i or my gf saw as we entered the theater.. if i had seen one, i simply would have asked for a refund and left. i dont frequent places that dont support my 2nd..

It's on the little booth the guy stands at that takes tickets I assure you it's there. Cinemark is very anit-gun the funny thing is if all you bought were tickets then zero money went to Cinemark all there ticket money goes to the distributors of the movies the money they get is from you know the over pried snacks and stuff.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis

and as for the title.. i came to this as it has happened not once, not twice, but now three times that i was told by Johnson County deputies that i cannot open carry while in the county. never have i once been stopped and asked if i had a licensed and then let go on my way like with the IMPD officers that i have encountered. I dont know if it is a lapse in the corse of training that many of the officers i encounter in Johnson county dont know the law or if in fact they are just trying to make me follow their demands.

had this been a first or even second time with this particular LE agency, i would have had a different title. BUT 3 times with one particular LE agency has led me to the conclusion that their officers are poorly educated on the laws of Indianas LTCH..:twocents:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's on the little booth the guy stands at that takes tickets I assure you it's there. Cinemark is very anit-gun the funny thing is if all you bought were tickets then zero money went to Cinemark all there ticket money goes to the distributors of the movies the money they get is from you know the over pried snacks and stuff.

and if that were the case, not that myself, my gf or the Deputy that stood near that area and conversated about it saw them, nor did the deputy point out the sign or bring to light that the theater is a No Firearms area... which leads me back to this LEO being poorly educated on his duty and the particular set of rules for the post he was standing

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

no they suck, this proves it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Amen

I promise you there are just as many if not more ignorant gun owners than ignorant LEO. Lets try to make negative interactions with LEO or any one that thinks they know but doesn't, learns the truth. It's far better than logging into INGO and bashing LEO.

And a slew of ignorant gun owners are cop bashers as well. Some lurk nearby!

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And a slew of ignorant gun owners are cop bashers as well. Some lurk nearby!

i think this has been taking negatively by some.. i am not bashing LEOs by any stretch of the word. i am simply convey a situation that happened to me and putting it out there for discussion, not to put off anyone with and "us vs. them" feeling... if thats what this tread is going to turn into by "some that lurk nearby" then i can remove the thread and move on with my day:cool:

Top Bottom