• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not a left lane cruiser, get over when I'm not passing, get over when I'm going faster than the right lane when someone behind me in the left wants to go faster, etc. I like having fast people in front of me to get any tickets that might be gotten. Having said that, I've been in a line of people passing a slow moving truck, some idiot comes up on the right like he thinks we are in the left lane for our health, and then pretty much demands the person right behind the truck let him in. He's basically breaking line, and is one of those people that thinks the world exists for him. Kind of like the left lane cruiser going 60 to 65 until you get tired of poking along and decide to pass him on the right. And suddenly he discovers his car can go 80. An inordinate number of these seem to have Illinois or IU plates.

One advantage of driving I 65 from WL to Louisville 20 or 30 times on year while dealing with my mothers too full house was that I realized the roads are full of idiots, nothing I can do will fix them, and I'll just cruise a speed I can cruise and if it takes me 20 minutes longer, that's life.

+10

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    The thing that seemed conspicuously absent from Shrek's video was a simple 911 call. If some Douche is kicking and hitting my vehicle, I'm on the line with dispatch.

I do agree that de-escalation is the best route, but if he continues to attack my vehicle or my person after I indicate I'm calling the police, then I WILL consider him a deadly threat be prepared to respond appropriately.

Flagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    N/A
    There could be some value in presenting a submissive posture. In hopes of deescalating. Let him beat up your car and call the police.

In this example, the minute he touches my window is when he achieves the ABILITY and OPPORTUNITY to do me grave bodily harm.

I'm calling 911 immediately, regardless and am looking for a way to drive out.

Flagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    N/A
    One other thought—I've never been in this situation, but if I have the presence of mind, it would be a good idea to start recording. Someone else is likely doing this (which should always be in the back of your mind if you have to escalate).

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Especially if his arm got rolled up...... oh um I mean accidentally got rolled up in my window. I'd roll the window back down to ask him a question when I got up to 50 mph.

Or cuffed him to the steering wheel. "We goin' for a ride, biatch!" :laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    One major problem with electric roll up windows in new cars.
    As so as there is a bind. the window goes all the way down.
    You need to roll it up before anything happens.

Also new cars have a 911 button.
    Mine is on the rear view mirror.
    I have hit it twice adjusting my mirror.
    I had to put a cheep cover over it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    There could be some value in presenting a submissive posture. In hopes of deescalating.

Any chance of that happening ended when they decided they needed to come back and have a chat with you. They might get tired, or belatedly realize they might be getting in trouble and be held accountable later, and go back to their car but reason left the room when they opened their door. No amount of navel gazing is going to make them see reason.

All they'll get from me is 'the steely gaze' and a weapon cleared for use, not brandishing just ready (and willing if need be)...then again I've been in many situations around the world in some rather shady places and no one has decided they needed to attack me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom