• ...and so much more!
  • stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    Stop being scared and just run?

Honestly, the only time I've ever NEEDED a gun was on my runs. Being armed while running was the primary reason I got a permit. Something about running drags out every wild animal, crazed dog, and BG from 6 miles away.

I think all runners have their stories of the car that looped around 3 or 4 times driving past you slowly. For me, its after being attacked and bitten in broad daylight by a Rottweiler that decided it wanted me so bad it would run through it's invisible fence.. I put in for my gun permit.

I bought 2 of these
    Holster Shirt V-Neck | Concealed Carry Undergear Shirts | 5.11 Tactical

They are actually very nice in that they keep the moisture off the gun and I can use the other side for my android phone (I love the Runtastic program).

If they're dirty I just pop it into a pocket holster and run with it in my hand. If I see a neighbor that wants to chat it up I just slip the holster into my pocket.

At this point I actually prefer to run with it in the pocket holster in my hands. In the dog mauling situation I didn't even know it was happening until I felt the first bite. That rot would have got all 5 rounds in him and probably saved myself a 3 month recovery.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I put my Kel Tec P3AT in my pocket. It's deep enough that I don't have to worry about it falling out, and light enough that it doesn't bounce around.

Top Bottom