• VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Please go post this in the political forum. Please???? :laugh:

So YOU'RE the guy! Evil, genetic mutating, small farmer stomping, GMO pedaling, genetic diversity crushing, mad scientist! Let's get him!:xmad: Oh, you quit? Nevermind. He's OK guys.:thumbsup:

You caught me! I have posted in reply to such matters in the past. Trust me I have good working knowledge of the situation. Yes I quit the big M. Yes it was because I did not agree with some of the things that were going on. No I do not believe that Monsanto is evil. Yes I support much of what they are trying to do. Yes I believe that we as a society are better for the innovations brought forward by biotechnology. Yes my experiences have influenced my opinions. No I do not recommend donning the tin foil cap....at least not regarding this particular topic.

Oh, and referring to me as an "OK guy" is a bit of a stretch. I actually have the reputation of being lets say overly direct. But I really like guns so I fit in around here.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Oh, and referring to me as an "OK guy" is a bit of a stretch.

Dude, I didn't say you were a "good" guy. I mean, you did work for the most vile, despicable corporation the world has ever known for two whole years.:D You'll prolly never be much better than "OK".:stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You caught me! I have posted in reply to such matters in the past. Trust me I have good working knowledge of the situation. Yes I quit the big M. Yes it was because I did not agree with some of the things that were going on. No I do not believe that Monsanto is evil. Yes I support much of what they are trying to do. Yes I believe that we as a society are better for the innovations brought forward by biotechnology. Yes my experiences have influenced my opinions. No I do not recommend donning the tin foil cap....at least not regarding this particular topic.

Oh, and referring to me as an "OK guy" is a bit of a stretch. I actually have the reputation of being lets say overly direct. But I really like guns so I fit in around here.

Being direct is a good thing. I hate the beat around the bush crowd.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I lived in Montana for five years , and it was the best five years of my life. There is plenty of land to buy if you dont have to be surrounded with trees. There are Hunting and fishing areas you can only dream of untill you see it in person. Never let a chance to See this great big world go by.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I lived in Montana for five years , and it was the best five years of my life. There is plenty of land to buy if you dont have to be surrounded with trees. There are Hunting and fishing areas you can only dream of untill you see it in person. Never let a chance to See this great big world go by.

What at did you in Montana? I was thinking about being a trucker but I need to be 21 for my interstate CDL. So back to the drawing boards.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Dude, I didn't say you were a "good" guy. I mean, you did work for the most vile, despicable corporation the world has ever known for two whole years.:D You'll prolly never be much better than "OK".:stickpoke:
    I wonder if he ever ran into the twit from Zionsville while working there... :)

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I know you were wondering about driving a truck. There is a huge demand for tanker drivers hauling oil and water out in the Dakotas. $3000+ a week. Because of the demand, they might hire young, inexperienced guys and train them. It is worth looking into.

Where there's diesel tanker trucks running...there's a need for mechanics. Just sayin...

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    My brother lives out there in Laramie WY, yes it is very 2A friendly. You can OC without permit there, Cowboy State!

He works for a Land Reclamation company setting the land back to its original state after the coal and oil mines have come though. He gets to travel the whole rockies and gets a veriety of work from plowing to planting then in the winter months he mostly works on all the equipment. I guess it pays decent while he is near home but he gets a little pay bump when he is more than an hour from home.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Back in '78', just loaded up the harley, and headed........South. No job, only a place to stay. This was in Texas. Stayed at my anut's place. Found a construction job, worked it for 6 weeks, then got hired by Brown & Root. A company owned by Halliburton. If you can hook up with these guys, your in the $$$$$$. Anywhere there is oil, Halliburton is there also. Learn diesel as said earlier.

And don't look back, yesterday will be gone.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Looking to move out of Indiana within the next year. Anyone know of jobs out in Wyoming, the Dakotas, Montana, etc? Willing to work hard provided I get paid (that last part seems to be a foreign concept around town). I want to own land someday and land out there is substantially cheaper than here. I hear a lot about the oil fields out there and how they can't get enough people hired. I'm going to a vocational school right now for diesel technology and I plan on marketing that heavily when I'm looking for a career.

Ideally I'd like to end up having as much land as I'd ever want with my nearest neighbors being miles and miles away. That won't happen overnight unfortunately. Also, which of those states overall is a better state to be in when it comes to firearms laws and just laws in general? Which of those states has the most stable economy? I'm doing my own research now but any help/experience is appreciated.
    There are a couple of places, on West Morris St., looking for Diesel Techs.....

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

No complaints here. I love Monsanto. No purple.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Thank you for shattering my self estime. When a person sells their soul to the Big M they just sorta die inside. I have been on the round to recovery these past 10 years but I will never really be the same again.

No complaints here. I love Monsanto. No purple.

They are a corporation, nothing more. So nothing to love or hate.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Anytime buddy.:cheers:

And then I turn around and misspell esteem. Now I am really depressed. Go away and stop bullying me on and internet!

What was the original post about? Oh yeah, moving out west! Yes the OP should do that while he is young and has nothing to lose. Also diesel mechanics with a class A CDL is a good career path because it can lead to a lot of different jobs.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And then I turn around and misspell esteem. Now I am really depressed. Go away and stop bullying me on and internet!

I noticed.:rolleyes: And you said "round to recovery" instead of "road to recovery", but who's counting. I didn't want to point out either and crush your fragile psyche, or be accused of being the Grammar Nazi, but since you brought it up.:p

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I noticed.:rolleyes: And you said "round to recovery" instead of "road to recovery", but who's counting. I didn't want to point out either and crush your fragile psyche, or be accused of being the Grammar Nazi, but since you brought it up.:p

That is what I get for posting on INGO from my smart phone. In my defense if I was good at writing or math I would have went to school to be something other then an agronomist. 7 years to get through college and all I have to show for it is summed up in this thread.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That is what I get for posting on INGO from my smart phone. In my defense if I was good at writing or math I would have went to school to be something other then an agronomist. 7 years to get through college and all I have to show for it is summed up in this thread.

At least you have the ability to assess yourself objectively. That is a very admirable trait.:D

Oh, and I think you meant "other than", not "other then".:laugh:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :xmad: :lmfao:

edit: Scary thing is that I have an M.S. and degrees from two major Universities. Plus I wrote a 180 page thesis. See thar ain't nuttin wrong with 'merica's edecation sysim

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    Grew up and worked in Minnesota and the Dakotas, it's a great place to live. Being a diesel tech is a good choice for that area. Don't be fooled by the lure of the big money in the oil fields, IF you can find a place to live up there, it'll cost a pretty penney. Those oil camps are pretty rough. South Dakota would serve you just fine, souix falls, Mitchell, Aberdeen are all great. Hunting and fishing galore, just make sure you want to live in -30 weather in the winter.......The winds always blowin!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom