• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    A guy I know just went out and bought a Jiminez 9mm. I had never even heard of Jiminez arms, but based on the price and what I have read, they seem to be junk. Anyone know anything about the company and/or their products?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Fairly certain it is rebranded Jennings, bryco-jennings stuff.

For the most part, junk. People do get lucky and have one work every now and again.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a Jimenez JA-22 like this one. I bought it on a lark. Just to see if it was junk.

12526-1.gif_thumbnail1.jpg

It's not. It works every time.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    They're the one an only "Jammin Jiminez". There was a period of time that Jiminez would be on one side of the slide, Jennings on the other, so fairly certain they're a product of a company that "switches hands" every few years.

IMO they're just an older, pot metal version of the Hi-Point - low end, mass produced pieces that people have varying degree's of success with functionality.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    IMO they're just an older, pot metal version of the Hi-Point - low end, mass produced pieces that people have varying degree's of success with functionality.

How dare you say an unkind word about hi-point.:noway:

D the Bruce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    New Castle IN
    I hate that ppl say if that if the cost is low its junk, but in this case its true. Ive had a lorcin and bryco and hate to tell ppl that. Lol. Some cheaper brands are very good though. Paid 250 for a nib firestorm 9 made by bersa and have put over 1000 rounds thru it with no problems. My brother gave me crap about it when he got his cz. Went to the range cz jammed 50 rounds in and the bersa ran flawless. Lets just say hes quiet now. Bottom line price isnt everything, quality is everything. Do resear.ch and make good judgements. Good luck and safe shooting.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    From everything I've seen, I've gotta say that they are garbage. Sure there are people out there that have had success with them, but there are way too many negative reviews about them. Have had problems with the Bryco/Jennings/Jiminez brand myself.

phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    I have a Jimenez JA-22 like this one. I bought it on a lark. Just to see if it was junk.

12526-1.gif_thumbnail1.jpg

It's not. It works every time.

Wish I could say that about the JA-22 I bought 2 years ago! I was just packing it up this afternoon to ship it back to the factory. From day 1 it's been blowing crap back in my face from an apparent defect in the barrel(next to the ejector). They finally responded to my emails about 1.5 years after I first contacted them about it. They supposedly have a lifetime warranty for the 1st owner of the gun(keep your receipt for this purpose! They require it.). They are nowhere NEAR as responsive a company as Hi-point or Sccy in the cheap pistol arena.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My very first firearm at the age of 15 was a jennings 22 and that thing jammed every other round, had a Lorcin 9mm and it was pot metal and broke when I took it apart to clean it. :noway:

DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    Well I'm glad it is him that bought it and not me. People may not agree, but I believe strongly that you pay for what you get and $200 doesn't buy much these days. I'm going to wish him the best of luck with it, but probably will never shoot it myself. I don't trust cheap guns.

phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    Here's a pic of mine(taken before I shipped it out to service). You can see the opening in the end of the barrel, above the ejector. And above that, on the slide, you can see the "speckles" from the crap that was blowing back

picture.php

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well I'm glad it is him that bought it and not me. People may not agree, but I believe strongly that you pay for what you get and $200 doesn't buy much these days. I'm going to wish him the best of luck with it, but probably will never shoot it myself. I don't trust cheap guns.

For the most part I'd have to agree with you, BUT, you never know.

I'm a contractor. A few years back I had a customer ask if I would be interested in purchasing any of her late husbands firearms. :D

Long story short, I gave that woman $470 and I went home with the following,

1944 British Enfield SMLE (.303 British) made in Lithgow
    An older Marlin model 90 o/u 12ga.
    1943 Arisaka 7.7x58 Jap w/ anti-aircraft sights and an intact mum!
    A model 31 S&W 2" barrel .32S&W ctg.

All in good condition and fully functional. I even got the original box that the S&W revolver came in!

Now, before anyone starts yelling that I took advantage of this woman I want you to know, I gave her $140 more than she was asking!

My brother made out almost as well.
    I don't recall everything that he went home with, or what he paid in total, but I do recall he gave her $75 for a Norinco SKS with bayonet that she was only asking $30 for!

We came in on the tail-end of the liquidation it seems.

We were told before we saw the merchandise that these were the bastard pieces that no-one else wanted. We were told that the family and friends had already picked the collection clean of everything they considered of value.

They left this woman with a list of the remaining firearms, and what "they thought the firearms were worth."

She was only asking $50 for the 7.7 Jap Arisaka with a mum!

She thanked us when we left, for giving her more than what she was asking.

I don't like to pay any more than I have to, but I need to sleep at night too!

Moral of the story, you never know what you might find. Sometimes the cheap ones can be treasures that the sellers are unaware of.

Top Bottom