• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just bought a Jimenez JA-22 for a pocket gun. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet and was just wondering what other people think about it. Very small has a nice chamber indicator. Not to mention cheap to shoot and the lady won't be scared to shoot it.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    You are going to here that they are junk and a Saturday night special. Thay can be made to run good on the right amo and a little fluff and buff. I have an old Jenning's that is basically the same gun in a older version. Don't get bummed because of all the negitive feedback and have fun with it. Jim

glock2010

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    In The Backwoods
    I bought a jimenez 22 pistol a couple of years ago because it was cheap on price and it was also cheaply made i found out that very quick, i ran good 22 ammo threw that thing and it had ftf and fte on almost every round and i cleaned it and lubed it and still had the same issues. So i started calling it the " jamenez" lol and thats what it was a cheap piece of junk.. I asked a couple people about them after i had problems with it and they had the same problems and got rid of theirs also.. Your's might be a one of the lucky ones.:dunno:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I have a Jimmy JA-32 , slighty larger frame size than the 22 and 25 . Have going on 500 rds out of it and it's been flawless, I do mean 0 failures,.... so far. I've even shot HP rds and it eats 'em. Now the trigger is pretty hard and I don't think it'll last tens of thousands of rds but so far so good. I bought it to see what a real life SNS was like and have been pleasantly surprised. The trigger was pretty hard out of box but has improved a fair bit with use.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Best advice I can give is (since you haven't fired it yet) to see if you can return &/or do a partial exchange for your "jamming Jenny" at the place of purchase for something more reliable.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    JAM-O-MATIC

All I can say is "JAM-O-MATIC" Ok for a fun gun but please do not stake your life on it. It is banned in several states. If you'd put some extra money with it you could get a better firearm. Each to his own. Have fun, be careful.

dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you guys for the advice/stories. I bought it at Ludco Guns and they told me they were good guns and had a lifetime warranty so I guess I should have researched instead of impulse buying. But I will take it out and shoot it wed or thurs this week and let you guys know how it goes.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Evidently not everyone has had as good luck with theirs as I have had with mine. I will remind tho' I have the JA-32 not the 22. Maybe a difference.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I find it ironic that people who are quick to say that a $400 Ruger P9x or a $1,000+ Kimber 1911 <insert other "quality" firearm here> needs 500 rounds to "break in".

But a $100 .22lr pistol should work flawlessly out of the box?

I'll let everyone in on a secret... if it requires a break-in, it's a cheaply made firearm with poor quality control and little attention to detail.

Sorry all you kimber apologists (and other brands), but the double standard won't work just because you paid 10-15 times more for it.

So, specifically to the JA22... I picked one up as an after thought addon purchase and to make a spoof review a year or two ago.

I haven't gotten around to my review, but after 200ish rounds and no cleaning in 100 rounds, it'll cycle one or two mags in a row without a FTF/FTE... I just stuck it in the back of the safe and forgot about it. Easy to do, the thing is smaller than a P32.

Since I'm still within my 500 round "kimber-style breakin period", things are coming along nicely.

Luckily I made it past the first 100 rounds, because it wouldn't go a magazine without a couple FTF/FTE's.... again, reminiscent about the kimber apologists and their "limp wrists" or "dirty ammo" or whatever the excuse dejour of the day is.

I'd have those 500 rounds thru it 3 times over by now if it wasn't such a pain loading those crappy magazines... sheesh, some people complain about the ruger mark II mags? :):

Anyway, this has spurred me on for my next review. I had plans to review something else this weekend, but I may need to do at least a quick look at my JA22. It's actually quite the novelty item. :cool:

*Yeah yeah Kimberfanboys, I know the hate mail is coming, whatever. If you had more than 1 FTF or FTE in your first 1,000 rounds out of your NIB Kimber, don't even bother trying. If Springfield can do it consistently with their $1,300~ TRP's (and other brands such as STI), kimber shoul;d be able to do it too. Just sayin'...

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I find it ironic that people who are quick to say that a $400 Ruger P9x or a $1,000+ Kimber 1911 <insert other "quality" firearm here> needs 500 rounds to "break in".

But a $100 .22lr pistol should work flawlessly out of the box?

I'll let everyone in on a secret... if it requires a break-in, it's a cheaply made firearm with poor quality control and little attention to detail.

Sorry all you kimber apologists (and other brands), but the double standard won't work just because you paid 10-15 times more for it.

So, specifically to the JA22... I picked one up as an after thought addon purchase and to make a spoof review a year or two ago.

I haven't gotten around to my review, but after 200ish rounds and no cleaning in 100 rounds, it'll cycle one or two mags in a row without a FTF/FTE... I just stuck it in the back of the safe and forgot about it. Easy to do, the thing is smaller than a P32.

Since I'm still within my 500 round "kimber-style breakin period", things are coming along nicely.

Luckily I made it past the first 100 rounds, because it wouldn't go a magazine without a couple FTF/FTE's.... again, reminiscent about the kimber apologists and their "limp wrists" or "dirty ammo" or whatever the excuse dejour of the day is.

I'd have those 500 rounds thru it 3 times over by now if it wasn't such a pain loading those crappy magazines... sheesh, some people complain about the ruger mark II mags? :):

Anyway, this has spurred me on for my next review. I had plans to review something else this weekend, but I may need to do at least a quick look at my JA22. It's actually quite the novelty item. :cool:

*Yeah yeah Kimberfanboys, I know the hate mail is coming, whatever. If you had more than 1 FTF or FTE in your first 1,000 rounds out of your NIB Kimber, don't even bother trying. If Springfield can do it consistently with their $1,300~ TRP's (and other brands such as STI), kimber shoul;d be able to do it too. Just sayin'...

:yesway:

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bryco-Jennings Forum has a wellth od Info and will help in any way. Great Guys. If will help with getting these SNS guns up and running. There is a guy that put over 14,000 rounds through a Jennings 22 before it finally broke a Slide. They can be made to shoot and be fun even if it cost $100. Jim

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    hey, if the price was right, I'd buy one. If nothing else, as a firearms design exercise. Hopefully it works well for ya.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    When buying a pistol I usually buy the best I can afford. But even the best sometimes have problems, but less often. A cheap gun is not always a bad, and a bad gun is not always cheap. You have the pistol and enjoy it and hope for the best.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    It can be a fun firearm to take to the range. I've had a couple of Jennings .22s and they were OK. Not something I would CCW, simply because of the safety and reliability issues. We used to call them tackle box guns. We tossed them into our tackle boxes when were were bass fishing in Florida.

Top Bottom