• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Lol. I was reading an article saying he was going to be back. Must have been about noon. Read another one that said Cowher has turned down 3 jobs in the last month or so. I don't think Bill or Chucky (Gruden) want jobs coaching right now.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Lol. I was reading an article saying he was going to be back. Must have been about noon. Read another one that said Cowher has turned down 3 jobs in the last month or so. I don't think Bill or Chucky (Gruden) want jobs coaching right now.

I don't care much for Cowher'd Hose-L (see what I did there?).... :D

But we could use someone TOUGH, and who has some experience with defense.

I know........

Gunny.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    He needed to go. Lots of teams lose star QBs and don't implode overnight, strong leaders don't allow it. It'll be interesting to see who they hire. Maybe Morris, formerly of Tampa Bay?

I don't think they actually imploded overnight, the fuse was lit when Dungy retired. The Super Bowl team the following year was Dungys' team, Caldwell just happened to be in the big chair. It went downhill from there. If Manning had been 100% this year I suspect the Colts would have had a .500 season, one man can't be a team but the loss of one man can doom a team.

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    Ive heard a rumor recently that Jon Gruden would take it if offered to him. (smh) And Peyton would be the obvious successor in that case, probably as the Offensive Coordinator if he can't suit up and doesnt get traded.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    1. Peyton Manning (if he is unable to play again).
    2. Jeff Fisher (too bad they didn't fire Caldwell 2 weeks ago).
    3. Jim Harbaugh (steal him away from SF).
    4. Jim Tressel (agree with him being a good fit).
    5. Gruden (this would have been #1, but it's not gonna happen though I wish it would)

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    After listening to the press conference yesterday I fear they will be trading Manning and drafting Luck. They kept referring to this moment as being the same situation in '98 when they hired a new GM, new coach, and drafted a franchise QB. I hope this is not the case, but they sure did make it sound that way yesterday.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    After listening to the press conference yesterday I fear they will be trading Manning and drafting Luck. They kept referring to this moment as being the same situation in '98 when they hired a new GM, new coach, and drafted a franchise QB. I hope this is not the case, but they sure did make it sound that way yesterday.

Unless he is unable to stay, Manning should play as a Colt until he wishes to be done. Manning is the reason they got a new stadium, went to two super bowls (and won one), and have been the winningest team of the last decade. Send the Colts back to Baltimore if there is no more loyalty than that and I'll find a new team to cheer for.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Ive heard a rumor recently that Jon Gruden would take it if offered to him. (smh) And Peyton would be the obvious successor in that case, probably as the Offensive Coordinator if he can't suit up and doesnt get traded.

I have heard quite a few rumors but Gruden has recently signed a contract extension doing the TV gig AND as of 2 weeks ago, he wasn't interested in coaching, at least in 2012 (he has had several teams contact him and he makes it clear each time that he isn't interested). When the words come out of someone's mouth, I'll take that as something with more credibility than the rumor mill.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Unless he is unable to stay, Manning should play as a Colt until he wishes to be done. Manning is the reason they got a new stadium, went to two super bowls (and won one), and have been the winningest team of the last decade. Send the Colts back to Baltimore if there is no more loyalty than that and I'll find a new team to cheer for.
    There is little loyalty in sports. Unfortunately, it is a business and it's about winning and therefore the money. When someone gets injured, there is a lot of momentum to throw them in the trash like a dirty rag. When a coach has a bad season, it's kick them to the side of the road. Luckily, the coaches and star players don't have to suffer financially. I expect that Manning won't be able to play anymore. I personally think that he would make a great offensive coach, because he has been doing a lot of that on the field. Dungy's strength was that he had a very good background in defense and that tied in well to Manning's abilities with the offense. A lot of folks watched the Colt's solely because of Peyton. He has been fun to watch. I hope I am wrong and he comes back to play for the Colts for a few more seasons.

Top Bottom