• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLGkFpsdHo]YouTube - Jesse Jackson on Obama: 'Wanna Cut His Nuts Off"[/ame]

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Unlike Jesse who never talks down to black people. :rolleyesedit: Why does this guy keep getting air time?

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    "Kids Say The Darnedest Things."

And Jessie Jackson still gets to say what he thinks, then apologizes for it. Can you imagine the image: Jessie with a box cutter, Obama trust up with rope, Obama'a wife rooting Jessie on!!!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I read this article linked from msn today, and I found it interesting:

When The Man is One of Us | Views | TheRoot.com

Here's a snippet that essentially summarizes the article nicely:
    ...In a deeper sense, his [Jesse Jackson's] stunningly inappropriate comments symbolize the social, political and psychological vertigo that all of us, and especially black Americans, are experiencing because of Obama's success. We are all, including Obama, in a place we never really thought we would be, and it has knocked us off our feet. We don't know how to act. We don't have a plan. We're searching for our equilibrium. And until we regain our footing, we can expect all sorts of bizarre behavior from people who ought to know better. Hold on to your hat.

We haven't really been in a place this confusing since 1954, when the NAACP's crusade against segregation culminated in the Brown vs. Board decision and the walls came tumbling down. It's fair to say that we were so focused on winning that fight that we weren't prepared for the victory or its aftermath. We've spent nearly 60 years since then trying to figure out what kind of relationship we want to have with America and with each other. For the most part, we, like Jackson Sr., have seen ourselves as outsiders battling for justice and a seat at the table. Our default has been to protest. And while that mindset has served us well, it has, in a flash, been made damn near obsolete by the prospect, even the likelihood, that one of us may soon become the most powerful man in the world. If that happens, how can we seriously argue that we're being held back by anything but the limits we place on ourselves?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hah! This is the first and maybe last time I agreed with Jesse Jackson ... Obama was (and continues) condescending toward black people. Of course, we must also consider:

Obama is condescending toward almost everyone. Apparently it's only okay when it's toward non-black people. Obama gets away with it because everything thinks that he's referring to "someone else" and they are actually in on his little joke. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Jackson (as noted above) also "talks down" to his own supporters, but they don't seem to realize it.

The interesting thing is, Obama has been parroting the comments made by Bill Cosby not that long ago. However, while Obama's pretention-laden, plagiarized commentary has garnered widespread support and praise, Bill Cosby was nearly lynched by the people he was trying to help with some tough love. And Bill Cosby had the benefit of actually being sincere, which is a quality that will never intersect with Obama's existence.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The interesting thing is, Obama has been parroting the comments made by Bill Cosby not that long ago. However, while Obama's pretention-laden, plagiarized commentary has garnered widespread support and praise, Bill Cosby was nearly lynched by the people he was trying to help with some tough love.
    I thought the SAME thing!!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Let's face it, publicly the black community is going to applaud anything Obama feels he has to say to ingratiate himself to the white folk. Privately they might not be happy. The Jacksons and Sharptons of the civil rights movement can't be happy with too much talk about personal responsibility since they want to keep the focus on African-Americans continuing role as victims of white racism. It wouldn't even surprise me if Jackson knew his microphone was on. It gives Obama his Sister Solja (sp?) moment that helped to get Clinton elected.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I never liked Jesse Jackson (except what he did for segregation, thats IT!) until now. But then he apologized. :( Incidentally, Jackson's son works on Obama's campaign. I belive that the only reason he apologized was for face sake and because his son threatened him at a family dinner after the comment was made (god I love news feeds, these things pay for themselves).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Really Joe we should NOT lower ourselves to name-calling. ;)

Well, I am a bastard at times. In fact, I am two different kinds of a bastard, and it's documented! :D

Jesse Jackson has done NOTHING in my lifetime to help anyone, especially those who support him. If Martin Luther King, Jr. were alive today, the only question would be how hard he slap Jackson's face, not whether not he would slap him at all.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "Kids Say The Darnedest Things."

And Jessie Jackson still gets to say what he thinks, then apologizes for it. Can you imagine the image: Jessie with a box cutter, Obama trust up with rope, Obama'a wife rooting Jessie on!!!

This has got to be the only context where that name and the word "trust" can be correctly used next to each other: A misspelling!

Personally, I'd like to see a Jessie Jackson/Barack Obama fight to the death--more properly, I'd like to see the results thereof. It's like the old (racist) joke, amended for this BB: Hillary Clinton and Chucky Schumer both jump off the Empire State Building at the same time. Which one hits the ground first?

Who cares?

Note that this joke works well with other names substituted as well:
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Dianne Feinstein
    Barbara Boxer
    Carolyn McCarthy
    Nancy Pelosi
    Sarah Brady
    Josh Sugarmann
    Paul Helmke
    --or just about any other nitwit anti-freedom loudmouth you can think of.

Blessings,
    B

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Joey.... I was referring to your calling Annie "an erudite".
    Since most of us common folk don't know what it means it could be construed as derogatory.;)
    Actually... I was being a smart a$$. So there :wavey:

Which is why I returned your smarta**ery forehand with my smarta**ery volley at the net!

Top Bottom