• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would have just smiled and let it roll off my back. The thought of the boy (that is needing a trip behind the woodshed) going home with his Mother is punishment enough for the both of them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Easy for everyone to pass judgment. What if her child has autism and doesn't have a good social understanding the way you or I would normally see it and has meltdowns over what may seem trivial. Would it be a brilliant move then?
    Unlikely. And autism isn't an excuse for giving unacceptable behavior a pass.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Easy for everyone to pass judgment. What if her child has autism and doesn't have a good social understanding the way you or I would normally see it and has meltdowns over what may seem trivial. Would it be a brilliant move then?

Possibly. Mom could turn it into a teachable moment. Could be part of a behavior plan, etc........
    It is about changing the contiingency of what the meltdown produces. If this contiunues meltdowns will no longer produce reinforcement. Of course we want to teach junior a functionally equivelent replacement behavior.....

OK as for the guy in the story: Hero ( If it's real)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Exactly. Typically (this could be an exception) parents of special needs kids tend to not be as self absorbed as this mother was. They cant be.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Having worked in group homes for developmentally disabled kids & adults for 4 years when I was in college, I can say it's not difficult to spot parents with developmentally disabled kids in public--whether the kids are acting up or not, those parents typically pay MUCH more attention to monitoring their kids than the mom in the story did. Usually when you see kids being brats and parents acting like her, it's the PARENT who is retarded, and not the kid. And by retarded I mean so stuck on themselves, so indifferent to others, so permissive of bad behavior from their children, that the parent's cognitive functioning is obviously not all there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh, now surely a mom with an autistic kid wouldn't ignore him in favor of cackling on the phone. /purple

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Well said 88GT.

Autism is a word thrown around a lot now days. I have a friend that has a son with Autism. He doesn't do well with changes in his surroundings but he is a very respecting young man. Another lady that I go to church with is a single mom and does a poor job with her son. She just lets him go and do as he pleases no matter where he is. She says he has a form of Autism even though he has never been tested. He will mind my wife and treats her with respect because my wife shows him love. Tender and tough. Kids need both.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

Having an autistic child is not a free pass to be a POS parent.

Unfortunately even if this particular instance isn't true this scenario plays out all too often in public. I despise unruly children and lazy parents. As far as I am concerned, the meaner the response by the innocent bystander the better.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    With a little hindsight, if I thought of buying them all, I sure would, and if I thought I could give them to other customers without one of them being such a wuss they'd give it to him, I'd do that too, but most likely it would be best to just take them home, freeze them, and reheat later. I'm not sure, though, that they wouldn't have more frozen they could prepare for him, rendering the effort wasted. Might have to see about buying their stock of frozen ones, too. Could get pricey, but discomfiting the discourteous is its own reward.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    With a little hindsight, if I thought of buying them all, I sure would, and if I thought I could give them to other customers without one of them being such a wuss they'd give it to him, I'd do that too, but most likely it would be best to just take them home, freeze them, and reheat later. I'm not sure, though, that they wouldn't have more frozen they could prepare for him, rendering the effort wasted. Might have to see about buying their stock of frozen ones, too. Could get pricey, but discomfiting the discourteous is its own reward.

Or you could buy all the pies and give them to a shelter. Or maybe you could drop them off at the nearest police or fire station to thank them for their daily sacrifices. You could even drop them off at a local ER for the doctors and nurses.

By doing something nice you cancel out any negative Karma and make lots of people happy plus **** off the little rat b*stard and his POS mom. :)

Top Bottom