• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Came across this site looking for a basic low end AR to buy and trade with a friend to get my M1 Carbine back. Looks interesting and will probably annoy everyone with smartass comments to threads for a while. Own a computer networking business and work for an airline as a maintenance planner.

Got my A&P and pilots license, play with my British sports car, reload and try to keep up with my 12 and 9 year old varmints. Originally from New Albany years ago, moved up to Lafayette for a while in 1990, then over to Ohio in 93, and back here 10 years ago for a job. Lost it in 02 and started a business. Economy so slow for the last couple of years I had to go out and get a real job again this year, so I lucked out and landed a local job in Louisville with an airline.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Welcome from Charlestown from an out of work A&P. Tough business to be in.

That is the truth, to say the least. I thought I had no chance of finding something in that field and frankly, had said more than once "I will never work in aviation again" after catching a knife in the back in the ever popular game of 'stab your buddy' in the UPS management ranks.

A friend told me about a local outfit and they had a few jobs posted on their website (pm me if you want to know more) and I took a stab. Got a call for an interview the next day, flew me in right before Christmas and started in February. I was fortunate... Someone was looking out for me I guess.

I am looking forward to meeting some like minded folks from around this area. I wish there were more places to shoot closer to me, Henryville is closed indefinatly, Borden range is crowded, Georgetown is a long drive from Jeffersonville and I do not live in an area where I can shoot from my backyard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom