• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    I had a good time meeting everyone and putting some faces with screen names. It was nice meeting all of you and thank you raitek for the mag holster.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Opinions on Martinez??

Nice guy but I don't think he was quite prepared for our views.

Sure, he's pro-gun. I got that. But he totally missed the point of "open carry" and while he did not criticize OC, he pulled out the old "you'll be the first target" argument that holds no water.

He didn't outright say he was a Republican, but after meeting him last night I realized that I had actually met him before and didn't realize he was the candidate. His two brothers, who've I met many times, are both of independent/pro-small-business/small government mindset, so I'm pretty comfortable with him being of a "republican mind" on most issues.

We never got a chance to ask him if would train the deputies about the LEGALITY of "OC" since there are some that seem to address OC from their personal viewpoint rather than from the legal standpoint.

Unfortunately his time was somewhat short with us, he got there about 6:15 and left before most of the INGO members showed up. We probably had roughly 20 INGO members at the event, but only about a half dozen of us when Oscar was there.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Opinions on Martinez??
    Well, we know his personal opinion of oc, but not his "policy opinion"
    I like what he had to say about funding for the aviation and marine units. Basically he said that funding shouldn't just come from the LC Sheriff's budget because in reality they are shared assets. I agree with him on that.
    I wish he would have returned before I left, I wanted to hear more.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sorry I missed it, I was in the Smoky Mountains in Tennesse with a bunch of close friends, my travel humidor with some OPUS Xs that have been in my main humidor for about 3 years, some Spotted Cow beers, 18 year old Macallan and one of the lads scooped up a case of Yeungling...

Anyway, looking forward to the next one. As far as the Sheriff's race goes, Buncich will never get beat if he's in the race, and he's in the race. Doesn't necessarily reflect my personal opinions, but the truth that is Lake Co politics.

Any idea if there will be one in August?

Top Bottom