• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It has to be a candidate that has some appeal to women, gays, and people of color or the candidate is dead on arrival whoever it is. Is that Jeb? :dunno:

The GOP needs to understand that the demographic of the country has changed, and it has to appeal to more than old white guys...unless, of course, the GOP gerrymandering is successful.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It has to be a candidate that has some appeal to women, gays, and people of color or the candidate is dead on arrival whoever it is. Is that Jeb? :dunno:

The GOP needs to understand that the demographic of the country has changed, and it has to appeal to more than old white guys...unless, of course, the GOP gerrymandering is successful.
    Just needs to be a conservative for once.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

I think the GOP should consider pushing Rand/Rubio... You get a Constitutionalist that appeals to Libertarians and a Hispanic who appeals to 1/3rd of all live votes and 4/5th of all deceased votes cast.

They are both relatively young and fresh and neither come across like a spoiled rich man.

I honestly don't see any other way for the GOP to win.... well... unless the powers that be fix the election for Jeb to win. (we all know the Bush family runs this mutha)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I disagree. Catering to the entitlement crowd is not going to earn a victory. The other side already does that and does it bigger, better, faster, though definitely not cheaper.

A Republican will only win when he takes presidential politics above the pandering level and makes it about being an American, and the best American we can be. Republicans don't have the cojones to try it because they think just like you: they have to scrapple for the scraps and try to win away the votes from the Free Hand Out party.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Last edited:

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    He'll just be another Rhino stalking horse for the dem candidate.

Hey Romney bombed. Let's pick another moderate loser.

I don't understand how the republicans can think they can win on a moderate platform.

Dems say" Hey vote for us and we'll give you free ****!"

Rhinos say "Hey vote for me, and I'll give you free ****!.....Just not as much as him....good..no really...please....":dunno:

The Rhinos thereby loose their conservative base, and the libs, who will always take more free ****..... And they keep doing the same **** day after day.

Hey ASSHAT RHINOs, Reagan ran on Conservatism and Freedom, he was outspoken and eloquent. He DID NOT pull punches. This moderate **** has been, and will continue to be a complete disaster. Stop repeating history.:xmad:

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    So, God apparently made the sinkhole swallow up "Jeff" Bush. I know he's busy, but I wish God would slow down and read mailboxes more carefully before he does this stuff.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I disagree. Catering to the entitlement crowd is not going to earn a victory...

You just made my point. If conservatives keep calling women, gays, and people of color the "entitlement crowd", conservatives will never win their votes. There are a lot of women, gays, and people of color who are good, hard-working people who love their country, fought for it, and pay taxes. To paint them with a pejorative label is a careless generalization.

If conservatives keep staying stupid stuff about women being raped being a part of God's plan, they're going to lose a bunch female votes. If conservatives keep denying gay people the same rights as straight people, the gay votes are gone too. A worthwhile platform will never over-ride the loss of votes of all the people a party alienates during a campaign.

The country's demographic has changed. Conservative Hoosiers are not representative of the nation as a whole. If the GOP doesn't find a way to become more inclusive, there are slim chances they will occupy the White House. They have to appeal to the majority. It is that simple.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    What we need is a brand new candidate that has real conservative beliefs and the ability to communicate them effectively to the sheep. I haven't seen one yet. Rinos and timid conservatives are what the establishment seems intent on running and those are always going to be defeated by the Democrat machinery.

As a side note: I worry most about the next election. I see Obama as the erstwhile Lenin who sets everything in place for for the erstwhile Stalin yet to be elected.
    2016 is going to be THE pivotal year for this country. Obama is only campaigning for that candidate! Think about it. Everything is being put into place for a real dictatorship now but Obama is just the forerunner. Other wise we would see a lot more direct action out of him and not just him campaigning but leaving no direct "fingerprints" on the powers being centralized into the federal government. As such, he is able to get his agenda through but makes it look like he has little to actually do with it while demonizing those who stand against him. Just my .02, but I worry I'm right.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    You just made my point. If conservatives keep calling women, gays, and people of color the "entitlement crowd", conservatives will never win their votes. There are a lot of women, gays, and people of color who are good, hard-working people who love their country, fought for it, and pay taxes. To paint them with a pejorative label is a careless generalization.

If conservatives keep staying stupid stuff about women being raped being a part of God's plan, they're going to lose a bunch female votes. If conservatives keep denying gay people the same rights as straight people, the gay votes are gone too. A worthwhile platform will never over-ride the loss of votes of all the people a party alienates during a campaign.

The country's demographic has changed. Conservative Hoosiers are not representative of the nation as a whole. If the GOP doesn't find a way to become more inclusive, there are slim chances they will occupy the White House. They have to appeal to the majority. It is that simple.

Strongly agree, but I'd go farther to say its not just inclusion that I see being the problem.

Being FOR wall street deregulation 4 years after they took us to the cleaners is inconceivable to anyone with common sense.

Being FOR a military of unlimited size, strength, reach, and restraint in these times of fiscal strife makes no sense.

Being AGAINST sending disaster relief to our own countrymen after Hurricane Sandy painted a perfect picture of what the GOP's ideological stance has come to. This used to be a country that came together in times of need.

There's been a lot of boneheaded things the GOP has stuck by that has left a bad taste in moderate's mouths.

Gun rights is about the only thing left to get behind.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What we need is a brand new candidate that has real conservative beliefs and the ability to communicate them effectively to the sheep. I haven't seen one yet. Rinos and timid conservatives are what the establishment seems intent on running and those are always going to be defeated by the Democrat machinery.

As a side note: I worry most about the next election. I see Obama as the erstwhile Lenin who sets everything in place for for the erstwhile Stalin yet to be elected.
    2016 is going to be THE pivotal year for this country. Obama is only campaigning for that candidate! Think about it. Everything is being put into place for a real dictatorship now but Obama is just the forerunner. Other wise we would see a lot more direct action out of him and not just him campaigning but leaving no direct "fingerprints" on the powers being centralized into the federal government. As such, he is able to get his agenda through but makes it look like he has little to actually do with it while demonizing those who stand against him. Just my .02, but I worry I'm right.

Agree totally. I fear the next great leader will be Hillary. Really hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom