• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not meaning this to cause a "stir" just an observation. I see these threads frequently complaining about this retail store or that retail store have this no firearms sign or their manager asked someone to take their firearm to their car XYZ. My curiosity is how is JC Pennies or Walmart or whatever any different than Plainfield Shooting Supplies or any other number of gun stores with the same request? Seems like its a selective "up in arms" thing. Not a lot of places to shop other than the net if you boycotted every store with a sign. Just ain't a big deal to me but to each their own.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Not meaning this to cause a "stir" just an observation. I see these threads frequently complaining about this retail store or that retail store have this no firearms sign or their manager asked someone to take their firearm to their car XYZ. My curiosity is how is JC Pennies or Walmart or whatever any different than Plainfield Shooting Supplies or any other number of gun stores with the same request? Seems like its a selective "up in arms" thing. Not a lot of places to shop other than the net if you boycotted every store with a sign. Just ain't a big deal to me but to each their own.

:horse:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local-gun-shops/314054-bradis-ii-not-gun-friendly.html

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It was on facebook, posted by a member of FWPD.

Come to think of it, the only JCP that I can think of is in the mall, (a Simon property) and it may have been a mall rule. IDK.
    Simon Malls do have that rule. That's why if I ever "have" to go to the mall I just CC. I'm not going to Castleton Square mall without my gun, that's for sure.

AndrewCarpenter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    A friend of mine posted this to fb:

"it has just been brought to my attention that a fellow police officer was attempting to take a family photo at JC Penny in Ft.Wayne. Being that the officer was IN FULL UNIFORM, him and his family was asked to leave and refused service because he was carrying a gun and that is against their store policy!
    SMH
    I know my entire family and anyone else that find this absurd will not give them your patronage this holiday season! Boycott JCPenny!"

The officer involved remains nameless...

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My wife drags me in there all the time. As far as I'm concerned, no one with a valid MAN card has any reason to shop for any of that crap JCP sells.
    What if you have an expired man card? Is it ok then? On a related note, where do I go to renew my man card?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

I've never been kicked out of ANYWHERE for carrying. :dunno:

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    For the record. JetGirl is correct. I actually spoke to the officer involved on Saturday, and he had just finished a part-time job in uniform on the day of the incident, and was due to report for duty a short time later. Since he had a small time window prior to the beginning of his regular duty shift, he met with his wife at the location in question to have his kids' Christmas pictures taken (an annual tradition in his family), and the incident unfolded pretty much as previously described. The officer involved left with his family and mentioned it to a couple of coworkers on duty later that day, and the story sprouted wings. It's the merchant's right to adopt such a policy, but it is our right not to reward it with our business. I think it's pretty safe to say you wont find a LEO shopping there anytime in the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom