• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Man I"m bummed I'm going to miss this one! Unfortunantly I have to work in order to have the 19th off to enjoy the circus that will be the 1500. I hope everyone is as welcoming to the newbies as they were to me. It is a great place with a lot of great people!

You need to get here today if you can't make the event.

We are having a mini-meet-up right now. Merrixs is on his way with some 6.5 Grendel goodies. aclark and Bill B are both here now with me :yesway:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    An ANDY219 is in the clubhouse event BUMP!

This event is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY . . . mark your calendars, plan your route, polish your pistols and oil your finest "OC" leather.

A new brand of cigars called FOUNDRY just arrived at the cigar lounge. The manufacturer wants to sponsor a cigar event so I figured that the NWI INGO group might be up for another evening get together. OPEN CARRY is optional, but if you want to pop your OC cherry in a place that will welcome your gun without question, this is the friendliest place to begin your OC journey that I know of :yesway:

We've tried some of these new Foundry cigars at the lounge and they are moderately priced and fairly mild so they won't get newbies sick, but have enough old world cigar character to keep experienced smokers interested.

From the public press release:

General Cigar is proud to introduce FOUNDRY, a new boutique collection created to amplify the artistry and romanticism of premium cigars.

FOUNDRY is a stark juxtaposition between the old and the new. This visually-arresting collection was inspired by the art form of “steampunk,” which is both a retrospective and futuristic interpretation of innovation.

FOUNDRY is the brainchild of Michael Giannini who led the team that created the breakthrough brand. “Innovation comes from many sources,” he notes. “It is a pleasure and an honor to be able to call upon our greatest resources: the collective talent of cigar masters, our expertise in tobacco cultivation, processing and blending and the creativity of our artisan cigar rollers and box makers to bring FOUNDRY to fruition.”

Through a groundbreaking approach previously unseen in the premium cigar category, FOUNDRY entices the premium cigar connoisseur to take a bold step back in time and a quantum leap into the future to envision the artistry of handmade cigars through the lens of unbridled innovation.
    Foundry-Talbot_box_loRes.jpg

Visual considerations aside, FOUNDRY’s avant-garde approach extends to its masterfully balanced synthesis of flavors. Featuring an indulgent collection of five proprietary tobaccos from four different countries, each aged between three and six years, Foundry’s foundation is amplified through an eight year old wrapper developed by General Cigar. Called H-47 Pleno Sol, the lustrous wrapper imparts a deeply complex, layered smoking experience like no other.

As always, cigar smoking is OPTIONAL. We won't pressure anyone to buy or smoke a cigar. The event will have complimentary coffee, water and pepsi. There will be a guitar player in the lounge playing older rock, classics, etc. We may have snacks to munch on???

As is typical, the event will run from 6pm to 9pm. If the parking lot is full, feel free to park in the lot next door on the west side of the property.

Picture6-1.png

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just a REMINDER BUMP for this event.

As always, this is a free event to attend. Complimentary pepsi/diet pepsi/water & coffee. Typically some complimentary snacks.

Buying a cigar is strictly OPTIONAL. There is NO PRESSURE to smoke at these events, we have members who are non-smokers who attend for the fun of talking guns, seeing the dent in the ceiling from Andy's infamous Ruger, and listening to the guitar player. And I believe we will have both a guitar player and a bass player in for the event . . . possibly also a bongo player :popcorn:

You will smell like smoke even if you don't smoke. I can't help that, get 20 people in a room, have 2/3rds of them light up a cigar, its just going to get smoky.

The cigar featured will be the FOUNDRY, a mild easy to smoke cigar for those who are interested. They have been selling very well and getting great reviews.

For those who want to get the "tour" that includes seeing the Ruger ceiling dent, GhostofWinter usually forms the line to the right of the fireplace and conducts the tours. He appreciates tips, ammo is always a good tip.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Just a REMINDER BUMP for this event.

As always, this is a free event to attend. Complimentary pepsi/diet pepsi/water & coffee. Typically some complimentary snacks.

Buying a cigar is strictly OPTIONAL. There is NO PRESSURE to smoke at these events, we have members who are non-smokers who attend for the fun of talking guns, seeing the dent in the ceiling from STUMPYPETE's infamous Ruger, and listening to the guitar player. And I believe we will have both a guitar player and a bass player in for the event . . . possibly also a bongo player :popcorn:

You will smell like smoke even if you don't smoke. I can't help that, get 20 people in a room, have 2/3rds of them light up a cigar, its just going to get smoky.

The cigar featured will be the FOUNDRY, a mild easy to smoke cigar for those who are interested. They have been selling very well and getting great reviews.

For those who want to get the "tour" that includes seeing the Ruger ceiling dent, GhostofWinter usually forms the line to the right of the fireplace and conducts the tours. He appreciates tips, ammo is always a good tip.

:rockwoot: fixed :rockwoot:

Von Sidhe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Crown Point
    Awesome cigar lounge, has become and new thursday tradition for the wife and I... Love the new foundry cigars, been saving the little gears that come with them (not sure why) but thinking ill be buying a box soon ;)

Hope to see some of you guys up there on Thursday!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Awesome cigar lounge, has become and new thursday tradition for the wife and I... Love the new foundry cigars, been saving the little gears that come with them (not sure why) but thinking ill be buying a box soon ;)

Hope to see some of you guys up there on Thursday!
    I'll be here :rockwoot:

One of the Dyer police officers stopped into the lounge, he heard about the Open Carry night. He thought it was great. Said he may be stopping buy with one or two of his buddies to smoke cigars and talk guns. He wanted to know about our group shoots and other stuff. Nice guy, one of the officers who is also a "gun guy."

There will be quite a few non-INGO members who are gun guys here too.

For those who have not been to an OPEN CARRY night they have missed out. Its a fun time, whether you OC or not.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Can't wait til Thursday, get to spend the evening with like minded individuals. Instead odd just shaking my head in disbelief like normal.

Can't even have a civil discussion.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    BTW: PARKING LOT NOTICE!!!

If our parking lot is full, which it usually is during these events, please park in the parking lot just to the WEST SIDE of the store. There is a very large vacant parking lot that we use for Overflow parking.

I have not been to one of these yet. I live close by (Munster), I'm going to try to make it to meet some of fellow INGOers.
    Great. Looks like we are going to have a good turnout.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Never mind I wont be able to make it. School started back up for me and guess what it falls on? A darn Thursday night! Maybe next time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom